300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supernatural Events in L.E.

Has anyone working in L.E. ever experienced any supernatural event while working?

Many of us have been around the dead and dying as well as working the graveyard shift....sorry about the pun on words there........

Anyway in my over 20 years of L.E. time I have never seen anything remotely close to a ghost or spirits.

Just curious if anyone has?

I one time saw a supervisor make an arrest!

In all seriousness though, I haven't. I've been in some creepy houses and areas at night, heard some unexplainable noises, etc, but nothing really 'supermatural'.

There's a member on another site I visit who has a large civil war battlefield in his jurisdiction (he's in TN) and he swears that stuff goes on. Personally, I'd have a coronary.

Comment

Small meteorite

Something bright green and on fire fell from the sky once but i couldnt find it on the ground except for a small burn patch.

Comment

I used to work the night shift a lot, and I would always try to listen to the Art Bell show. Coast-to-coast AM. Ever hear it?

Anyways, he has on all these kooks who tell ghost stories, UFO stories, and of course my favorite, Bigfoot stories. It's made me want to see something like that, but I never have.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by TampaBayCop
          I one time saw a supervisor make an arrest!

In all seriousness though, I haven't. I've been in some creepy houses and areas at night, heard some unexplainable noises, etc, but nothing really 'supermatural'.

There's a member on another site I visit who has a large civil war battlefield in his jurisdiction (he's in TN) and he swears that stuff goes on. Personally, I'd have a coronary.
          But did he stick him in the back of your car and then try to figure out a way he did not have to go to court with you?

Comment

Worked midnights on a college campus in downtown Dayton, Ohio which has several buildings that are supposedly haunted. There's some history behind several of the buildings...or, more specifically, what was there before the buildings. Heard some creepy sounds and found a few cold spots, but never actually saw any ghosts. Had a sergeant who claimed to see the department's deceased Chief get on an elevator in one of the buildings...he was, um, dead serious, too.
            "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
            -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Sort of a cool site:

http://theshadowlands.net/places/

Whether or not you believe in this stuff, it's sort of cool to look up your state/town and see where the ghosts hang out.

Comment

I , thankfully, have managed to avoid "The Twilight Zone" during my time spent on nightshift in rural districts.

Comment

I've never seen anything unexplainable but even if I did, I'd consider it nothing more than just that -- unexplainable. I'm not a big believer in things supernature or paranormal.

On the other hand, I know a couple of cops that have been at this a lot longer than I have and are otherwise completely rational people. And yet they are firm believers in ghosts.

Go figure.
                  [shrug]
                  Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Got a good one: Years ago, we had a BP agent fall off a cliff at night and die. The area is near a large dam and has a trail coming out of a canyon below it, which leads to a park above the dam. This area is one of the many routes illegal aliens take to further entry. Years later, agents were working a group of aliens coming out of the very same canyon. Some time had gone by waiting to hear the group climbing their way up the trail through the darkness. Nothing stirred in the darkness for some time. Just as the agents were going to go down into the canyon to search for the group, they heard footsteps and voices coming from the top of the dam. The agents were surprised to see the group making so much noise and casually walking toward them. When the agents approached the group, they asked why no one ran and why they were being so casual. Usually the common result would have been seeing nothing but a-holes and elbows running away. To the agent’s surprise, the first person in the group said that the agent on the other side of the dam told them to walk across and surrender to the agents on the other side. The agent also told them to let the agents know that he needed medical attention, due to a bleeding head injury. As far as the agents knew, they were the only ones working the group. The agents first called on the radio to check on the injured agent, then they yelled out. No answer. One of the agents stayed with the group, while the other searched for the injured agent. He went directly to the area where the aliens said the agent way waiting. There was no sign of him anywhere. No footprints, no blood, nothing. Being dumbfounded, the agents asked the group what the agent looked like. The agent they described was none other than the fallen agent they once new! Needless to say, the agents and the group got the heck out of dodge!

Comment

I work in a large Federal facility, and when I first got here, had to work entrances and inside the building. I was working an entrance one evening. We have card reader turnstiles and an automatic handicap door. The readers make a distinctive sound when a card is swiped, but at no other time they are opened and I had a camera covering the outside of the automatic door. Standing there minding my own business when the exit turnstile dinged and swung open. I'm thinking WTF, then the automatic door swings open and I look at the monitor, only to see nothing outside to have set off the door. My Sgt. came by about 5 minutes later to check in and noticed that my partner had not shown up, so he was obliged to sit there until someone could be found to fill the post. As we waited we talked and I told him of the occurence and he said that about 5-10 people die in the building a year due to stress and such and that it would not suprise him if it was a ghost. No sooner had these words come out of his mouth than the door once again swung open of its own volition and the turnstile dinged and swung open once more. It had been about 10 minutes, perfect amount of time for a smoke break. I didn't see an apperition, but do you really need to in those circumstances. The odds of both the turnstile and door both developing glitches twice and so perfectly timed as to mimic someone entering/leaving are astronimical. I asked one of the repair guys just to see. I've had other little cold spots and shivers since, but the damned building is 60+ years old. That's a lot of ghosts to pile up.
                      YOU, on your knees!!!
                      Green Jello 1990

Comment

I see drunk college students....everywhere.
                        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by CelticCop
                          ...It had been about 10 minutes, perfect amount of time for a smoke break. I didn't see an apperition, but do you really need to in those circumstances. The odds of both the turnstile and door both developing glitches twice and so perfectly timed as to mimic someone entering/leaving are astronimical. I asked one of the repair guys just to see. I've had other little cold spots and shivers since, but the damned building is 60+ years old. That's a lot of ghosts to pile up.
                          You mean the ghosts of Federal employees continue working in the afterlife, and only take approved-length breaks even though we don't get a pay check any longer and can't be fired or disciplined? Do we still acrue any sick leave after we're dead? How does death impact our COLA and promotion potential? IMHO, there's always a better explanation than ghosts, even if it's not immediately obvious.
                          No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

A dirtbag felon of mine (Probation Officer) at the end of a seven day meth tweak...now that's Supernatural!! And oooohhhhh, there's nothing like going 10-15 with a tweaker that hasn't showered in a week. A great appetite suppressant.

Comment

Ghost Sightings

There is a new highway down by Richmond that was opened about five years ago, called the Pocahontas Parkway. It connects the eastern part of the region - near the Richmond International Airport - with I-95.

It is a toll road and there's hardly any traffic on it late at night. Some VA state troopers who worked that stretch of asphalt during third shift had supposedly reported seeing an Indian riding a horse. This 'apparation' was standing in the middle of the traffic lane, looked toward the troopers and then galloped away. According to a news story from back then, it was supposed to be a chief because of the particular feathers he was wearing.

Some VDOT workers had claimed to have seen the Indian before the road was opened, too.

I take that road sometimes because of my job, but have yet to see Chief Bigfeather for myself. Next time I am in that area, I'll be sure to keep my eyes open.

P.S. Art Bell (and George Noory) certainly do have some interesting characters on their show! I am not much into conspiracies, but it does make you wonder.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4968 users online. 366 members and 4602 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X