300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Phone calls

I remember reading this in here awhile ago... but I'm not sure which forum it was in.

I have a computer calling me 3-4 times a day. They're during typical daytime hours but when I pick up, there's never a message that plays so I guess it thinks I never answered so it keeps calling me. Caller ID shows it as "out of area".

Someone else in here had this problem but I don't remember if they ever resolved it. If anyone remembers or has some suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

David

You could get a service(have to pay though) that blocks all anonymous/out of area/unavailable type of phone calls if your phone company has it, get a trial if they have it use it for a month and I bet the calls will stop and then stop the service, usually only about 5 bucks a month if you want to keep it.
    Please take a moment to visit http://www.crpe.net home of the first police explorer post in the country.

Comment

Everytime a computer calls me I hang up on it. I have enough idiots calling me I do not need some puter calling me. LOL. Maybe a programmer thought it would be funny to have his puter call radnom numbers to be cute. Who knows anymore in this day of age. I will not block out-of-area calls because someday the sweepstakes will call me saying I am the big winner!!! LOL, and monkeys will fly tooo!!! That is my opinion.

Klar
      Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Last night (Sunday) about 9:30pm, I got another call, and answered but didn't say anything. After about a minute someone finally said "hello" and then I replied. It was some Florida Cops memorial thing wanting a donation.

Needless to say, they didn't get a donation. I'm curious to see if the calls stop now...

I did check into the services my phone company offers and they do have a privacy/out of area block for $6/month. If the calls keep up it'll be worth it to not have to answer the 5 or 6 calls a day I'm getting with nobody there.

David

Comment

We had this same problem for a while where we were getting calls as late as 11:30 at night. It was an obvious computer calling with loud, high-pitched beeps & squeels. We would hang up & three minutes later they called again. This would happen four or five times before it would stop. Then a week later we might get the same type calls at 6:30 in the evening or 10 in the morning. We called the telephone company & they traced the calls to (surprise) a computer belonging to some company out of state. They dropped the ball on us & said we should try to locate the company & ask them to remove our number from their computer. It took some doing but we got it stopped.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5020 users online. 274 members and 4746 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X