Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatdaya mean you don't have a Driver's License?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatdaya mean you don't have a Driver's License?

Sometimes you get 'that feeling' and run a plate. I did that this AM. The tag info that came back didn't match the vehicle it was displayed on(car had been repainted), so......

After making the stop, radioing my location, details about the car, asking if the plate's been reported stolen, etc, etc, etc.....I get out, press the trunk lid and go up to meet the driver.

I ask for her DL and...

Driver: I don't have one.

Me: Whatdaya mean you don't have one?

Her: I keep failing the DL exam.....

Soooooooo......

Me to passenger: Sir, do you have a DL?(Thinking that I'll just write her a ticket for 'No DL' and let the passenger drive)

Passenger: Yes, but.....

Turns out he was still in possession of a REVOKED DL, hence the 'reason' for him being the passenger, not the driver.

Soooo.....I confiscate his DL and give him a receipt for it.

The driver gets a $100 ticket for 'No DL' and $100 ticket for 'Failure to Provide Proof of Insurance'.

Not wanting to come off as a totally heartless individual, I offer to make a phone call for someone ELSE to come drive the car...which I do. And 'NO', I did NOT wait around......

[ 01-03-2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

lol... MAN, you push over. You're such a nice guy. You remind me of someone.
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

You mean you have to carry your drivers license with you when you drive?

I just love that question. I always have a written response.
      RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

I was supposed to meet my friend for lunch yesterday because he works the beat near my house. He was a little late and had a similar story.

The driver had had her license suspended, but no notification from DMV, so he retained it with a receipt.

He asked the passenger if he had a license, and the guy said he did but not on him. John, nice guy that he is, offered to check DMV on the guy and said if his license was good, he could drive home.

The guy gave his SSN, and it turns out he had a warrant. Can you guess what for?

Yep, FTA on a DOSL, 2d award.

As if that was not enough, we were finished with lunch and heading back to our cars to leave, when the woman drove in to the BK. He just waited for her to get out of the drive through and pulled her. I didn't stay, but I'm pretty sure she and her friend ended up going the same place after all.

I don't think you could get your feet wet in that gene pool.
        "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

The hood where I work is so full of Driving While Suspendeds, Never Received, it is like shooting fish in a barrell.

Until last year, DWS was an arrestable A Misd. Now we can only summons them, jail overcrowding.

I guess the iternet access was getting tied up, ha.
          Do your best, do what is right

Comment

Shooter, I've said this here before.....you're a great guy. Others could take lessons from you on kindness and fairness.

Comment

LOL The driver STILL got $200 in tickets, though....
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Why don't you just let them go you big brute? That 200 was probably cutting deep into their crack money.

Comment

We don't arrest for DUS or DUR either but that <$500 ticket has got to hurt [Eek!]

Add to that those Einsteins usually can't find a licensed driver to come get them, and/or have expired tag, and/or no insurance.... soooo.... next wrecker on log, please!

Comment

Brad - but we no longer have to summons the ho's DWS is a prerequisite for residence in ED or ND, I'm convinced of it.

Comment

More often than not around here, driving without a license or DWS will warrant you a summons, and a pretty stiff fine. BUT; in so many cases, if the driver would have kept his/her smart mouth shut, or would just learn to drive with regard for the safety of others, they would be spared a ride to the Hotel Graybar.

I guess you just have to consider those kind of people job security.
                      Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

What I generally shake my head about is this:

"You knew you were revoked, so why are you driving 85 in a 55?"

You'd be surprised how many people with no/revoked/suspended licenses do stupid things to call attention to themselves.
                        "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

We have the 30 day impound law to combat such drivers. In such cases we give the driver a citation and call the tow truck. The car goes away to car jail for 30 days at the owner's expense (these days towing and storage is adding up to about $700).

This law has had a significant effect in cutting down our number of suspended and unlicensed drivers.
                          If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6692 users online. 363 members and 6329 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X