Clear All

• My husband has to go to Washington

help

Washington St. or Washington D.C.??? If he's coming here there
    LETS GO CAPS!!

LETS GO TERPS!!

Comment

Mitzi,

The mere fact your husband must come to the Washington Metropolitan area is another load of worry and stress, however, we've have got to go on with our lives. I know that you are reconsidering and reconsidering the trip to such a war zone but I think if we go about our daily lives we are all a champion because obviously the attacker wants us to live in fear, wants us to slow down our lives and wants to destroy our freedom. Your husband will be one of many to set an exmaple that Americans don't live in fear because we can not be defeated and we will press on for what is right. I will pray for his safety to and from his destination and I send you a hug for comfort.
      "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

Likelihood of being a sniper victim is very low. A car accident would be more likely. Actually there have been more of the normal homicides taking place in the area since the sniper thing started.

Since the sniper attacks began, there have been 18 "traditional homicides" in the area. They included a congressional intern who was also a poet. A mother found stabbed in her apartment. A young man who called his mother every day to tell her he loved her.
        http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49317-2002Oct18.html
        Bill R

Comment

Hey, Bill R, you work for the Washington Tourism Bureau or something? [Wink]
          Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Mitzi,
            He'll be fine. I would worry also, it is my nature, but he will be fine.

Comment

He's going to Washington, DC. And thanks for all your concern. But I have solved the problem. His plane can't leave if a woman is stading in front of it, can it? I heard there has been another shooting. mY stomach is in knots.

Comment

Hey, Bill R, you work for the Washington Tourism Bureau or something?

How'd ya guess Kirch? I guess DC has gotten better but at one time 18 homicides in a day wouldn't rate news coverage.
                Bill R

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4657 users online. 272 members and 4385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X