300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the new Mustang GT

Hey guys, today I saw a Mustang GT police car...it was really tight, it was like police from the future!! Really makes people follow the law! That car looks aggressive and scarry from the rear view mirror! Looks amazing too!

It looked like this

Last edited by CIA-Agent; 05-05-2006, 08:40 PM.

Pic doesn't work. =/

I want to see this.

Comment

Try this:

http://members.fortunecity.com/pdcar4/cars/okaloos7.jpg

or

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4741/okaloos78ee.jpg

Comment

That second link is to a photo of the previous ('99 to '04) Mustang body style. Still a nice car, though!!

I know that some departments use late model Mustangs for patrol cars, but I do not believe that Ford has made a true "special service" package for the Mustang since the 1993 model year (based on the old LX 5.0 coupe).

It would be cool to see a 2006 CopStang in service, huh?

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch
          That second link is to a photo of the previous ('99 to '04) Mustang body style.

It would be cool to see a 2006 CopStang in service, huh?

Correct, I would guess about a 2002 or 2003 model. It's not a 2006 model.

A city in Virginia about 30 miles from me has a new 2006 black Mustang GT. I need to get over there and see the chief, and take it for a 3 year test drive if he will let me.

Comment

Originally posted by SHERIFF
            Correct, I would guess about a 2002 or 2003 model. It's not a 2006 model.

A city in Virginia about 30 miles from me has a new 2006 black Mustang GT. I need to get over there and see the chief, and take it for a 3 year test drive if he will let me.
            Wayzata, Minnesota is the police department that had those 2006 Mustang GTs that I saw today!! It was really amazing

Comment

Originally posted by CIA-Agent
              Wayzata, Minnesota is the police department that had those 2006 Mustang GTs that I saw today!! It was really amazing
              I would still prefer my Plain Jane 440 Plymouth from yesteryear over any new Mustang GT.

Comment

I would still prefer my Plain Jane 440 Plymouth from yesteryear over any new Mustang GT.

Lol!! Id have to ask my self twice if its a cop im getting pulled over by or a psycho! That car looks verryy olddd..is that you in the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by CIA-Agent
                  Lol!! Id have to ask my self twice if its a cop im getting pulled over by or a psycho! That car looks verryy olddd..is that you in the picture?
                  That picture is 33 years old. There are no Plymouths that old in service that I'm aware of.

And no, it's not mine. Mine was an unmarked pale yellow color.

EDIT -- OK, here's mine. It was the first car issued to me as I entered the profession.

Last edited by SHERIFF; 05-05-2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

That looks like a 1973 Fury (with the red light on top) -- one of the most popular cop cars of that era. I know those old 440 V-8 blocks were good for some power; but the tires, brakes & suspensions of that time period were no match for today's cars.

My cousin had on old police car ('77 or '78 Monaco) that had a 440 in it. A dog off the line, but she'd really get her groove on when you got up to 85 or 90 with it.

P.S. That pale yellow one looks like early 1970s vintage, but I can't tell the exact year. That color brings back memories of old Maryland State Police cars.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

That picture is 33 years old. There are no Plymouths that old in service that I'm aware of.

And no, it's not mine. Mine was an unmarked pale yellow color.

EDIT -- OK, here's mine. It was the first car issued to me as I entered the profession.

Is that a Fury III?
                      "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly
                        Is that a Fury III?
                        I honestly do not recall. Fury I sticks in my mind. I think it was written in the front fender warning lights, whatever it was.

I thought Fury III was the civilian car with full wheel covers and vinyl top?

Comment

I honestly do not recall. Fury I sticks in my mind. I think it was written in the front fender warning lights, whatever it was.

I thought Fury III was the civilian car with full wheel covers and vinyl top?
                          I know Phila PD had Fury III's a LONG time ago.

Here's only pic I cound find "Newport Police"

http://www.thergwfoundation.org/101_1563.JPG
                          "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
                          09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Based on that image then.... I can't remember the difference between the Fury I, Fury II and the Fury III.

In 1974 I thinked they changed the nametags to Gran Fury and Gran Fury Sport (2 door). I bought my girlfriend at the time a 1977 Gran Fury Sport 2 door. It was a pretty classy car.

Comment

Now THAT is a police car

And I would fit in it alot better than I would fit into the Mustang

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4484 users online. 227 members and 4257 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X