Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK219
    replied
    Is there a link to this? I'm curious where Mass fell. From what i see, I'm sure its not on the top ten.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    We don't like to admit it, but sooner or later we are all going to die. Becoming a vegetarian is too much of a sacrifice just to add another two or three years to my life. There are very few vegetables that I really like. If I ate them day after day after day I would soon start to hate them also. I have tried dieting a few times without any permanent results. I can stand that no-fat, no-salt, no-sugar, no-flavor type food just so long.

[ 10-24-2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Snoopy1 ]

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    Well I'm not at all suprised that Louisiana is on there. Every thing we eat is either floating in grease or gravy. The main problem is after all the chemical plants throw everything in the Mississippi River we are the last ones to get our drinking water from it. One good glass is a dose of cancer. We have the whole Mississippi River down here and most people have well water delivered to there house including me. [Frown]

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    replied
    Mitzi, I was the same way. It was waste not want not in my house. Which meant, you didnt' do anything until you finished your meal. I hated that, because when my mother was making my plates up, she would put way to much on there for a little child. She didn't realize, my belly was smaller than hers. There were nights that I would sit and eat trying to finish it until I just threw up. That always got me excused from the table. I too have always had to battle to keep my weight low. Anyway, I don't make my son finish everything either. Sometimes he may not eat much, other times he eats 2 plate fulls. I let him eat at his pace.

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    I was a member of "The Clean Plate" club. I wsn't allowed up fro the table until my plate was clean. As a result, I battle my weight. But I did not do that with my son. When he ate, he out how much h wanted on his plate and ate til he was full. As a result, he's very slim and trim. Always has been.

Leave a comment:

• RachelR
    replied
    You can Jellybean, but not without the extra carbs! a low carb diet is extremely difficult without the benefit of meat.

Leave a comment:

• Piper
    replied
    Great, Kentucky is on that list. At least I've learned from my parents healthy eating habits.

I tell ya tho' I can drink alotta beer during a NASCAR race! Ha!

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    oh NO! we had this whole meat discussion before....do i have to do it again?? there are TONS of ways to get protein besides meat... but i dont feel like getting into this today... i'm enjoying the day lol [Wink]

and i do still say, people that are passionate about their food, are passionate about other things too and i love big men...you can keep the *skin and bones* !!

[ 10-23-2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]

Leave a comment:

• RachelR
    replied
    Cutting out meat isn't going to make you healthier. Meat is a very nutritious source of protein. Cutting out sugar and carbohydrates will make you healthier. Vegetarian diet indeed, bah!

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    6 hotdogs and a DIET coke, right?

Leave a comment:

• kirch
    replied
    You know what gets me riled up? When I see some young kid who is obviously obese and the parents are serving as enablers.

My 10-year-old son and I were at a Cub Scout function with another kid and his mother and, in the two hours we were together, she bought him SIX hotdogs!

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    I'm from West Virginia. It is a beautiful state but a very depressed state. My husband is a Florida boy and he said he couldn't live there. Yet, all my reletives there, born and raised, said they couldn't live anywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• bearclaw1
    replied
    Great I live in the 2nd fatest state. I can believe it. However I am not fat. The reason my state is 2nd is because half of the people are sitting at home and I am paying for their beer and cirarettes. Then when they get good and drunk, I have to put up with their stinking a**.

Leave a comment:

• Sig220Man
    replied
    "I'm not fat, I'm big-boned!!"
    Eric Cartman, South Park, CO

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied
    Well, I may be in the number 8 state, BUT I'M NOT FAT! There are a ton (pun intended) of women (mostly) and men in my little corner who are, to say the very least, grossly obese. Yeah, they like the country dinners, fried food, mashed taters and lots of gravy, bread and desserts.

I like to eat, but I watch what I eat. Since I live alone my meals are simple and, I believe, healthier that way.

Anyone for a juicy steak???? [Wink]

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5103 users online. 319 members and 4784 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X