Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal 24
    replied
    Im screwed Ive lived from TN then lived in LA for 3 1/2 yrs. But moving up now living in GA.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs. Fish
    replied
    WORD..I'm with you on that one KCadet...

Leave a comment:

• KCadet
    replied
    Woohoo! Virginia didn't make the list! Yet....

Leave a comment:

• Tprspouse
    replied
    Hmmmmmmm I am surprised that Vermont is not on that list.

People up here in Vermont are so remote (in most places) that there's nothing to do but sit around and eat all day. In some stores, the pretty plus section is in the front. 6 out of every 10 people I see on a normal every day basis are chunkier than they should be. I do know that Vermont is high on the list for suicide. People up here just get bored and blow thier brains out. [Eek!]

Leave a comment:

• kirch
    replied
    Glad to see my own fine state finally made it out of the Bottom 10. Now we can get back to eating brats and cheese and drinking beer again!

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    started a topic 10 Least healthy states

10 Least healthy states

Fat & Not Happy: 10 Unhealthiest States
    By Cathryn Conroy

You can blame it on whatever you want--most likely it's a combination of high-fat comfort food and very little exercise--but the South has become the most unhealthy region of the United States. The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has ranked the 50 states and the District of Columbia by the health of their residents--namely by the incidence of obesity, diabetes, and coronary heart disease. Mississippi is the unhealthiest state of all. Nearly a quarter of the population is obese, which is the highest percentage of all the states, and there are a staggering 235.8 deaths from heart disease per 1,000 people, the fourth worst in the nation. In addition, 6.2 percent of the population has diabetes.

The 10 least healthy states:
    1. Mississippi
    2. West Virginia
    3. Tennessee
    4. Michigan
    5. Louisiana
    6. Texas
    7. Kentucky
    8. Illinois
    9. Missouri
    10. Arkansas
    The three healthiest states in order are Montana, Hawaii, and Minnesota. What makes Mississippi so much unhealthier than Montana? Clinical research coordinator Brie Turner-McGrievy told CBSMarketWatch that she suspects it's old-fashioned southern cooking. She has a simple solution--for a start, at least. Go vegetarian. "A lot of people think if there's no meat on the menu, it's not a meal," she said. "Cutting out meat is one of the best ways to increase fibers in fruits and vegetables."

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6284 users online. 351 members and 5933 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X