300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the Bodie's gone?

I miss the old guy, where did he go? Come to think of it, there were a couple others that have dissappeared from here, too. I see today that 21blue is back, but where is everyone going?

There's a few accusing me of being Bodie. Not sure what has prompted all this paranoia though. I would assume my not having a rookie Rambo "us against them" attitude plays into it. And probably my opinion that the taser is not the best tool since sliced bread since it's killing so many people, that opinion hasn't been real popular around here. Anyhow, I notice this "us vs them" attitude more and more in the law enforcement profession in the last 10 to 15 years..... and it shouldn't be that way. Law enforcement is suppose to serve and protect the public, not view every citizen as a potential criminal looking for a place to happen.

Having been called Bodie in another subject I posted in a few minutes ago, I actually just went and viewed Bodie's profile. He has a pretty impressive profile if it's all true. And as much information as he gave, it should be easy to check out. I see his major malfunction too though by viewing his profile. He's a 2 1/2 decade veteran in law enforcement. He probably also didn't subscribe to the "us vs them" attitude I was speaking of above.

Maybe Bodie got bored with all the rookies here. Maybe the others disappearing feel the same way. I'm not real impressed with some of the officer attitudes displayed here when speaking of and to the public. I would even like to teach some of them not to say some of the things they do say, even if deep down inside they really believe in what they are saying.

It seems the newer generation cop doesn't realize yet that law enforcement IS indeed a popularity contest. The public either loves you or they hate you, there is no inbetween. I will say anything I can to make the public love and respect cops. If there's a clear case of police brutality, I won't sit here and defend the officers, the public will think we're all one big happy family while beating people senseless with little cause.

Now I would like to see any 1 year to 5 year rookie cop debate anything I have said. We can then see exactly what they disagree with.

Comment

Don't know if I qualify as an 'old-timer', but I've been here since around 2000 or 2001.

I found O.com when I was in the academy, and the thrill of learning about policework, then being a rookie caused me to come here A LOT. It got to the point that I was spending a couple of hours a day posting and reading here. And with my busy schedule, something had to give. When I found that I was pushing away my wife and kids so I could spend more time online, I knew it was time to take it back a notch.

This coincided with the selling of O.com and I took that as an opportunity to go to something that didn't require me to catch up on 8-9 pages of postings a day. I went to another, smaller, more personal site and was very happy there. I still checked in with O.com, but was much more judicious in my reading and posting, and I started very few threads of my own.

Lately, that site has been unavialable and I've been back here more. But I limit myself to no more than 1 hour a day.

The other thing that I think tends to frustrate those of us that have been here long-term is how repetitive some of the questions can be, especially from the newbies. I wish I had a dime for every person that's come on here and asked if the speeding ticket/marijuana experimentation/minor offense will prevent him/her from a career in LE. For some time I've been a proponent of a FAQ section that these people could be referred to. But it hasn't come about.
      Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

I don't disagree with anything you posted in this thread so far as long as we are talking about law abiding citizens. If you want to throw in the rapists and murderers then it is absolutely "Them vs US"

My problem with you is your stories and statements sometimes sound fabricated and misleading.
        You also tend to post more negative views on law enforcement than the average LEO. Posting something negative is not a bad thing since it can be a learning tool, but you seem to thrive on stirring the pot.

Personally I think your full of **** and a fraud, but that's just me.

Originally posted by SHERIFF
        There's a few accusing me of being Bodie. Not sure what has prompted all this paranoia though. I would assume my not having a rookie Rambo "us against them" attitude plays into it. And probably my opinion that the taser is not the best tool since sliced bread since it's killing so many people, that opinion hasn't been real popular around here. Anyhow, I notice this "us vs them" attitude more and more in the law enforcement profession in the last 10 to 15 years..... and it shouldn't be that way. Law enforcement is suppose to serve and protect the public, not view every citizen as a potential criminal looking for a place to happen.

Having been called Bodie in another subject I posted in a few minutes ago, I actually just went and viewed Bodie's profile. He has a pretty impressive profile if it's all true. And as much information as he gave, it should be easy to check out. I see his major malfunction too though by viewing his profile. He's a 2 1/2 decade veteran in law enforcement. He probably also didn't subscribe to the "us vs them" attitude I was speaking of above.

Maybe Bodie got bored with all the rookies here. Maybe the others disappearing feel the same way. I'm not real impressed with some of the officer attitudes displayed here when speaking of and to the public. I would even like to teach some of them not to say some of the things they do say, even if deep down inside they really believe in what they are saying.

It seems the newer generation cop doesn't realize yet that law enforcement IS indeed a popularity contest. The public either loves you or they hate you, there is no inbetween. I will say anything I can to make the public love and respect cops. If there's a clear case of police brutality, I won't sit here and defend the officers, the public will think we're all one big happy family while beating people senseless with little cause.

Now I would like to see any 1 year to 5 year rookie cop debate anything I have said. We can then see exactly what they disagree with.

Comment

Originally posted by kirch
          I wish I had a dime for every person that's come on here and asked if the speeding ticket/marijuana experimentation/minor offense will prevent him/her from a career in LE. For some time I've been a proponent of a FAQ section that these people could be referred to. But it hasn't come about.
          Bingo...Agreed....^^^^
          Most of those questions are "Old Hat" and for the most part have been answered many times over and over again..

However all they are is looking for some support. We do have the choise not to answer if we wish...........

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf
            I don't disagree with anything you posted in this thread so far as long as we are talking about law abiding citizens. If you want to throw in the rapists and murderers then it is absolutely "Them vs US"
            See how you ask for this stuff?

I was talking about law abiding citizens. But since you bring up murderers and rapists, there's a lot more "dishonest cops" out there than there is "murderers" and "rapists" on any given day. Thank God the percentage of all three groups is very small. OK?

My problem with you is your stories and statements sometimes sound fabricated and misleading.
            I would totally stupid to post anything here that's not true since I have a major civil case coming up before a jury in 2008 or 2009. I can hear the opposing attorney now....

"Are you a member of www.officer.com ?"

"Yes, I am."

"Mr Sheriff, did you post a tale on this cop forum about being seriously burned while lighting a flare at a traffic accident?"

"Yes, I did."

"Was this a true story?"

"Yes, it was!"

"Can you show us the scar please?"

"I sure can!"

It's about credibility. And how credibility can be destroyed. Normal intelligent people don't go around telling lies.

If you don't believe some of the stories I post, that's fine.

Posting something negative is not a bad thing since it can be a learning tool....
            That's exactly how I feel. I am glad you agree.

Personally I think your full of **** and a fraud, but that's just me.
            It's not just you. There's a couple others in the boat with you.
            (Yes, I have seen some of the most recent Private Messages)
            Last edited by SHERIFF; 05-04-2006, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I was talking about law abiding citizens. But since you bring up murderers and rapists, there's a lot more "dishonest cops" out there than there is "murderers" and "rapists" on any given day. Thank God the percentage of all three groups is very small. OK?
              So where did you pull these stats other than out your

UFB

Comment

Just a guesstamite. Let's hope I am wrong.

Comment

See how you ask for this stuff?

Did you take a poll? Utter drivel.

I would totally stupid to post anything here that's not true since I have a major civil case coming up before a jury in 2008 or 2009. I can hear the opposing attorney now....

"Are you a member of www.officer.com ?"

"Yes, I am."

"Mr Sheriff, did you post a tale on this cop forum about being seriously burned while lighting a flare at a traffic accident?"

"Yes, I did."

"Was this a true story?"

"Yes, it was!"

"Can you show us the scar please?"

"I sure can!"

It's about credibility. And how credibility can be destroyed. Normal intelligent people don't go around telling lies.

If you don't believe some of the stories I post, that's fine.
                  What better place to get factual information than on an internet BB...makes perfect sense to me!
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Please tell me you are not sueing a department because you burned yourself lighting a road flare. LMAO Dumbass!

Comment

You know, the way SHERIFF posts and acts sometimes I think he's Bodie.

Comment

Please tell me you are not sueing a department because you burned yourself lighting a road flare. LMAO

Dumbass!
                        Nope. And it's spelled suing.

Comment

Originally posted by chat01
                          So where did you pull these stats other than out your

UFB

My *** looks MUCH better

Comment

Originally posted by OFK

My *** looks MUCH better

Yours is as wide as the couch!

Comment

Yours is as wide as the couch!

It may be bigger, but the hair on my *** is silky smooth and shiny.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4590 users online. 231 members and 4359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X