300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running supplements

I was reading a runners magazine and was wondering if using runners advantage with creatine is considered drug use. I know there is a controversary with creatine usage. I was considering trying it to help reduce injuries on my legs from all the running i do. But would never want to hurt my chance to be an officer if it is considered a drug. Anybody with insight?
    "To each his own"

I have used creatine monohydrate for a couple of years now, but for a different reason than you. I have been using it to improve my strength and lean mass. I dont know how effective creatine is for endurance athletes, I have heard that it is supposed to cause leg cramps in endurance athletes. But I'm sure this would depend on the dosage you were taking. If your going to use a creatime supplement I would recomend Phosphagen HP, its the best creatine supplement that I have ever tried heres the link to the EAS web site: http://www.eas.com/products/product_select.asp

Comment

Spec, Thanks for the input. But i have yet to start using it. I do not want to ruin my chances being an officer if creatine will be considered a drug when i get a medical evaluation. I am considering runners advantage female by muscle marketing usa. The bottle clearly says its for females and will help protect joint related stress injuries. Plus help with endurance and strength. I am willing to try it but will not take it if it will make my tests come back saying i am a drug user. Should i call the PPD and ask them specifically if its ok to take it? Or if its a disqualification supplement.
      "To each his own"

Comment

I have taken a few drug tests while on creatine and never failed any of them. Supposedly the International Olympic Committee was going to place creatine on their banned substance list due to the fact that it is a performance enhancer. I dont know if that ever happend but your not going to fail a pre employment drug test due to its use, I cant even recall of hearing about such a case.

Heres a word of caution about the supplement industry. Currently there are alot of supplement manufacturers who are on par with your average snake oil salesman. Some intentionally falsify ingredient labels and make claims that just aren't true. The only companies I will purchase anything from are Weider, EAS, Sportpharma, MetRx, Twinlab, and Designer Protein. Over all I would rate EAS the best, every product of theirs I have ever tried has been top notch and they give great customer service.

Comment

I just recently took a drug and medical test while taking (EAS) creatine for the sheriffs dept. and had no problems..I think you have to worry more about the testosterone boosting supplements that they have out there..(Andro etc.)

Comment

I wouldn't recommend Creatine to help you running since I've heard too many horror stories about it holding one back-esp. since you retain water when taking creatine. FYI: I've discovered a new product called "Endurox R4" recovery drink. The GNC guy was really into it and I decided to try it. I use it in place of water during my workouts and it really helps give me energy throughout my workout although the flavor takes a few days to get used to.

Comment

Ok guys, But i must let you know i am female and do not want the testosterone boost. The new liquid is formulated to not let women bloat up, bulk up, or other unmentionable side affects. But i will look into the other products to see if they have a female version.
              "To each his own"

Comment

Make sure you're getting enough magnesium in your diet, as well as calcium. It might be smart to take a vitamin every day with those minerals in it (calcium/magnesium/zinc combos are popular). Magnesium, IIRC, is the mineral that promotes muscle growth and strength, and calcium of course strengthens bones.

If you're looking for a supplement to give you more endurance, try Xenedrine. If you take it 30 minutes prior to excercising, you will feel much more energy. It's been said also to help with fat loss and muscle build-up, but I don't know about that. It also contains a small amount of silacin (aspirin) that helps some with any pain you have. One thing about Xenedrine is that its main ingrediant is ephedrine, which can be bad news for you if you take more than the reccomended dose. It also contains caffine, and it's not smart to consume any other forms of caffine while you're also taking Xenedrine. Ephedrine/Caffine pills sometimes get a bad rap, but if you follow the instructions, they aren't going to hurt you.

Comment

Patrick what your refering to is the ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin stack, it has been around the bodybuilding community for years. It is primarily used for rapid weight loss. I have used it before and was VERY happy with the results. The only draw back was using it on a five day cycle, which is necesary to prevent your body from building up a tolerance. If your going to use it the best and cheapest way to use it is to buy some ephedrine through mail order, go down to your local pharmacy and get some aspirin and No-Doz and save some money. Thats the way I always took it.

In all the years I have used ephedrine I have never had a bad reaction, no sleepless nights, no shakes, no heart problems, or any other side effects. However ephedrine is a stimulant and can be a very dangerous drug, it is absolutely essential that the recomended dosage be strictly adhered to. People have died while using ephedrine, I strongly advise people to think long and hard about your long term fitness goals before using it, while its nice to lose weight, its not worth dying over.

Comment

I have used ephedrine. It was in the metabolife i combined with the atkins diet. I could not adhere to the strict standards of no carbs because i work in a grocery store nad was seeing all this food everyday. I lost 45 lbs on it. When i first used the metabolife i got the shakes and had a few sleepless nights. But if you gradually increase the dosage you can build up a tolerance and the shakes go away. I am mainly looking to build mucsle and define the new body i have aquired. But since i work too much and do not eat properly, I have little or no time to do this. I am looking for the supplement that will maximize my workouts. I am a rather built(large mucsled) person now and do not want to look like a linebacker. So i do not want any bulking suppliments. I already catch slack from family always asking me if i keep my man in line. I am not mucsle bound but i am not exactly a waif either.

Xenedrine did not work for me. I did not even lose 5 lbs using it.
                    "To each his own"

Comment

SpecOps,

I've heard a couple times that while you're taking epedrine, that can cause you to test positive for amphetemines in drug tests. Any experience with this?

Comment

Originally posted by ftrphxcop:
                        Xenedrine did not work for me. I did not even lose 5 lbs using it.
                        It's strange that Xenedrine didn't do anything for you but Metabolife did. I thought they contained pretty much the same stuff. I'd be willing to bet that the weight you lost while taking Metabolife was more of a result of the Atkins diet than the pill. I'm not a big fan of diets, but the Atkins is one exception. I've seen a lot of people have some real good results on that program. I wouldn't stay on it too long though...way too much fat and cholestorol.

Comment

I also think the results i achieved was the atkins diet. But i have learned that a moments weakness will cause be to eat like there is no tommorow. I have to stay on it. So i asked the doctor if it was safe for me to stay on it forever. He informed me there are people who for health reasons have to stay on this diet. The key to maintaining the low cholesterol is drinking a 8oz glass of grapefruit juice after each meal. The enzymes in the grapefruit juice breaks down the harmful effects of too much fat. And it has to be low or no sugar grapefruit juice. Only 2 i found were landers (diet only) and tropicana twister. I prefer the landers. It has a better taste. It works i get my cholesterol tested all the time and still after being on the diet for almost a year now, have no problems. Also for thepeople who can't make themselves give up the bread completely, try crouisants. Less then half the carbs of bread. I too was shocked upon learning this. They taste great.
                          "To each his own"

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickM98:
                            SpecOps,

I've heard a couple times that while you're taking epedrine, that can cause you to test positive for amphetemines in drug tests. Any experience with this?
                            Thats a first for me, I have never heard that one before. While ephedrine is an ingredient used in the production of methamphetamines, I do not know if it will cause a false positive on a drug test. I once took a drug test while using it, and didnt fail. Keep in mind that is not an answer based on any scientific knowledge, just personal experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5138 users online. 292 members and 4846 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X