300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National police week.

I know all of you know about it already. Even though i'm not a le. officer yet. What are some things i can do for my heros in my parish s.o. to show them i really appreciate what they do everyday to keep us safe?

------------------
    We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors... but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
    After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: when you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

Burn a blue bulb in your porch light at night this week.

------------------
    "I'm just a "senior teen-ager!"
    6P1 (retired)
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

In our dept. T***, we all put blue ribbons on our car antennas... I even do that on my own car as well.

------------------
      Without the support of our fellow officers, sometimes we have no support at all.
      Attitude is a reflection of leadership.

Comment

We have people bringing in doughnuts (seems appropriate) & cookies (& lots of them) each day of the week. It's very nice of them to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by GDenman:
          We have people bringing in doughnuts (seems appropriate) & cookies (& lots of them) each day of the week. It's very nice of them to do so.
          This happens at our station alot as I work in a relatively small town in the south. Church groups usually bring us cakes and cookies and all manner of sweets. It is an incredibly kind gesture and one that I truly appreciate, however I rarely eat any of it unless I know the person very well. Call me paranoid, but I dont know whats been thrown in that wasnt in the original recipe.

If someone I dont know brings a plate of goodies in I always thank them very much and tell them that we appreciate there support. Once they leave I tell all the other officers on my shift that I dont really know who brought them in and that I'm not eating any of it, some of the guys agree with me and wont eat it, but there are others who chow down without a care in the world.

To date nobody has keeled over yet from any poisoned goodies. Sorry for straying from the original topic but I was just wondering if anybody else feels the same way.

------------------
          I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

We have some officers that won't eat anything that someone they don't know brings in. Some even go so far as to bring their own food with them from home, not to save money but they are worried about who the cook might be at the eating places. Of course, the little old lady bringing in the plate of cookies is not your usual suspect. Most of what is being brought in this week is being purchased at local bakeries.

I'm kinda picky about my food. If it looks alright, then I'll probably eat it. If it looks bad (like broccoli), then I probably won't.

Comment

Hey, gdenman and spec. i sure do understand what ya'll mean about the trusting the cook thing. Fo' sho' i really appreciate all the ideas ya'll have given me. I just might have a talk with the local preacher and church group in my town, they shouldn't be hard to find because i live across the street from them. And see about delivering some food to the s.o. I think all these good ol' boys will like that a whole bunch. Ya'll have a good one and stay safe out there. Thanx again for the ideas. oh yeah, b.t.w. cajun cop i was reading your profile, and if you don't mind tellin me. What parish do you work in. I'm wanting to work in washington parish, but i gotta wait for this sheriff situation(spelling) to get settled first.

------------------
              We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors... but they all have to learn to live in the same box.

[This message has been edited by T*** (edited 05-16-2001).]
              After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: when you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3406 users online. 203 members and 3203 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X