300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper Spray for Civilian's

I bought a small pepper spray for my wife, labeled "Crime Stopper" from Walmart. She's had it for a few months. I borrow it when I go jogging mostly for the "just in case" for dogs.
    Towards the end of my run I thought I'd squirt a little for a test to see just how far it would go and stream size etc.
    Well I was surprised disappointed - the squirt only came out about 6" and after 4 seconds stopped altogether.
    I couldn't believe I'd let my wife go around with this somewhat false sense of security.
    Is this common with off the shelf pepper spray or what??
    Any suggestions?

Settle for nothing less than FOX labs OC it is 5.3 SCU and the best stuff out on the market go to www.foxlabs.com for info
    Boo! Scared ya did'nt I

Comment

I remember when i decided to spray the one i had on my keys, What a disappointment also. Plus i was down wind and got a good ole blast right in my face. After i stopped crying i could not believe what a dumb A#$ i was. I just threw it in the trash and learned self-defense. I kept thinking about what might happen if i tried to spray an attacker with it. I would end up spraying myself and he would have a field day doing whatever because i was stupid enough to help him out.
      "To each his own"

Comment

I believe in spraying all civilians who deserve it Of course, if some other LEO does the duty around me, odd are I get a good bit of it as well.
        LEO and Smoke Eater
        Former Marine

Comment

I was the Captain of my class as I went through the academy. There are Pros and Cons to this rank. One Con was that during OC Certification, I was sprayed 5 times in one night. Oleoresin-Capsicum sucks! Several brands and types were used. I prefer the foam. It really messed me up. It stuck to me and, no matter what I did, I couldn't wipe it off...........I just rubbed it in while trying to do so. I prefer CAPSTUN or FOX. They were the most painful. Spray and Foam. There is no set standard for our department but, I carry FOX myself because, it hurts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4071 users online. 211 members and 3860 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X