300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dating between officers

I was asked if it would be ok if an ofc. started going out with a sgt. they work at the same dept. but would not be on the same shift. the sop has no exact rules on this mater. I don't see it as a problem but would like other comits. thanks
    Sgt. D (Road Kill)

You may not see it as a problem, but others in your department might. Tread carefully, though, and perhaps all will be okay.

We had patrol deputies who were married, but they were not allowed to work the same shift. It seemed to work out.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

In my opinion a Sgt. is a Sgt. no matter what shift the other might work......they are still in a supervisory role WITHIN the department.

I would stay clear of anything that would cause a disruption in the ranks and I am almost sure this would.
      You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSPTAC
        In my opinion a Sgt. is a Sgt. no matter what shift the other might work......they are still in a supervisory role WITHIN the department.
        very well said. if it sours, then there could be compliants....
        if its known and others dislike or dont approve......there the "favoratism" that could be pointed out.

not all departments have policies, but just a word to the wise.......dont eat where you go...

and in all honesty, there is more of a problem then meets the eye when a supervisor (sgt) and a suborint (patrol) get together. thts why so many employment office have giudelines.
        '
        trend very lightly. and dont be shocked to get crap while its going on....or after it ends.
        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

Just as a general rule of thumb that I follow its never a good idea to fish off the corporate peir. However if you can make it work best of luck

Comment

I almost never hear of situations like this working out well. Hell, I wouldn't even date within civil service in the same city. I know an officer that dated a medic, and when they broke up, drama ensued.

Basically, don't sh*t where you eat.
            Future Farva

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3233 users online. 163 members and 3070 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X