Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby naming auction?

What people won't do for money.

This couple is auctioning off the right to name their baby on Ebay. According to CNN, they hope to get $500,000.

The obvious question to me is: What kind of a f#@*ing moron would pay $500,000 to name someone elses kid?

It's actually a good idea in a twisted sort of way.(not that I would do it) College will be paid for as well as lots of other things. That being said I still think whoever wins is a fool.
    In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

I can tell you, if I spent that much money, it would be something REALLY unusual. So, for a little greed, your kid will get saddled with a horrendous name.

Comment

You just know someone will do this, pay for the right to name the baby. If it is a horrendous name, they can always just give it a nickname.

Comment

I know the name I'd choose for the kid,

"Don't laugh, I'm paid for"

Hopefully that's not too long a name for a little tyke to remember!
          Graeme

Comment

LMAO Grum!!

When the kid is older, he/she just might have to legally change their name.

I truly dislike my name and wondered if my parents were punishing me at the time I was born, in particular my father, since he was the one who choose the name Kathleen for me. I just hate it. When I was 18, I thought of legally changing my name to Kelly. Too late. I'd have to move to a town where nobody knew me. After years of Kate, Katey, Kathy, Kat, Kathalenamagalena (courtesy of my 3 brothers), all hope on changing my name went down the tubes. Oh well, can't win them all.

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Comment

I think Ebay already took it off.. I could not find it anywhere.
              No partner is worth your tears -
              the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

I haven't checked eBay. They also listed it on Yahoo, but Yahoo said they were taking it off.

Comment

KateyKakes, I like your name. It real pretty and if i had more than one daughter i would gladly give her your name. My husband named our daughter, Delilah.
                  "To each his own"

Comment

Kateykakes, consider yourself lucky. I used to work with a guy who had the misfortune to be named Richard Head.
                    sigpic
                    Scream if you wanna go faster

Comment

Peeler,

ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! OMG! How could a parent do that to their kid? I don't get it...

ftrphxcop,

Thank you so much. That's so sweet of you. And btw, the name Delilah is beautiful. Very different.

Comment

Our last name sounds like Bananna. I wanted to name our son Chiquito but my husband said no! lol
                        And I don't like my name either, katey.....Marian Jane.....Luckily, I was nicknamed Janie and I can live with that.

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

Yep
                          There are a few, to name but some I've heard of:
                          Theresa Green
                          Justin Case
                          There must be more but I've gone brain dead, come on you Aussies help me out!
                          "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm" - George Orwell

Comment

Found these online and there are some good ones there. Have fun.
                            http://www.snopes2.com/spoons/fracture/names.htm

http://www.funnyname.com/[/url]

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Comment

3 brothers in my high school.......Harold, Richard and Peter Bonar. Yep, Harry, Dick and Peter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4510 users online. 246 members and 4264 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X