300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's raining and I can't get online!

My DSL and telephone have been coming and going with the weather.

When it would rain, I'd be without. So, it's stopped raining and I thought I'd come in and say hi.

Hmmmm, perhaps something is wrong on the telephone pole in front of my house, ya think? The phone company still isn't here and they said they'd be right out (3 hours ago). I guess here in Vermont they take their sweet little time!

Anyway, nice to be back! At least it'll be sunny tomorrow and I can stop in more often. (That sounds silly, but true!)
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

So, you're coming in out of the rain.....evidently you learned well from Mama!
    American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

I have the same problem, but I'm on dial up. When it rains a lot, water gets in the lines and makes a crackling and popping sound. It keeps disconnecting me from the net. It did this about a month ago and I thought it was my ISP and I was ready to change companies, turns out it's the phone company so I am scrooged until the want to fix it. That's why I haven't been posting much, I have already had to type this out 2 times because of being kicked off. I wish I had a choice of phone companies
      In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

That's exactly what it sounds like! Crackling and popping. It's annoying isn't it?

Then, just when you answer the phone you hear it, then it goes dead (so you think) and you yell, "f****** phone!" then you hang it up. Turns out the person calling you can hear you even though you thought the phone was dead! Very embarrassing!
        "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5052 users online. 276 members and 4776 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X