X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Sniper Statement

CNN.com:

quote:
    Meanwhile, the person who claimed to have seen a man with a gun just before the Monday shooting has been charged with giving false information, authorities said.

The man was identified as Matthew M. Dowdy, 37, of Falls Church, Virginia, according to Fairfax County Police Officer Sophia Grinnan. Law enforcement sources said he has a criminal record and goes by the nickname "Slim."

Dowdy originally was thought to be a key witness in the shooting of Linda Franklin at a Home Depot parking garage in Falls Church on Monday.

He has been charged with one count of knowingly and willfully making a false statement to an officer who was in the course of investigating a crime by another, a Class 2 misdemeanor, Grinnan said.

Dowdy faces up to six months in prison and a $1,000 fine.

That maggot needs the max sentence to set an example for any others that might attempt to follow in his foot steps.
    I would throw in public flogging, but I am an old fashioned kinda guy. [Wink]

Comment

It's good that the sniper (if it is the guy) has moved from a congested multi-city area into a more suburban area. Those little towns know who is new, and the road traffic patterns known.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Jim,

I think Ashland is right on either 54 or 95. If so, they're bound to get a lot of "stop-over" traveling traffic from road-trips ... bound to have a lot of "new" faces from day to day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3832 users online. 205 members and 3627 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X