Have any of you guys seen this thing?

Its awesome and will likely save alot of lives

http://www.army-technology.com/contr...s/corner_shot/

That is freaking awesome
    R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Very nice weapon!

Comment

the army has the prototypes, i think so does the israeli army... it has a little camera and the video... however, i would think in the heat of a gun battle, it wouldn't be very practical.

Comment

If you were fighting house to house, street to street in an Urban warfare scenario. Trust me, it would be.

Comment

I remember how Elmer Fudd had a gun like that in those old cartoons. Remember when the barrel was bent and he could shoot around corners or from behind a tree?

Seriously, though......that is a cool idea for urban combat. If the Israelis had anything to do with it, you can rest assured that it has already been combat-proven. Those guys play for keeps over there!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Its been combat proven with IDF and the National Police Force. There are times, doing a building clearing, that I wished I had some kind of device that could see around corners, and be able to provide lethal cover while doing it.

The Corner Shot system also has an MP5, and a 40mm single shot grenade launcher.
              N. A. Corbier
              Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
              Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

watch "Future Weapons" on the discovery channel, wed at 10est

had this on last week i believe, next week is stealth, including a rifle with a 2 mile range

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisG
                  watch "Future Weapons" on the discovery channel, wed at 10est

had this on last week i believe, next week is stealth, including a rifle with a 2 mile range
                  Indeed, thats where I saw this device and posted about 30 seconds after the comercial came on

Comment

I saw the Cornershot when they unveiled it at the SHOT Show a couple of years ago. At the time, I dismissed it as a gimmick that would go the way of so many other whiz-bang products that people think up. I have to say that it's pervasiveness has surprised me. I'm starting to see it pop up in more and more places -- like on the Discovery Channel and in several police magazines. It might just become more mainstream than I could have imagined.
                    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Daddy like
                      Future Farva

Comment

I saw the Discovery channel spot reguarding it as well, although there is one complication in that the recoil causes a torque to the side, instead of upward. Without lots of retraining this makes the weapon less than ideal for a firefight with hostages or friendlies present, but it's perfect for the first shot in an entry.

Much like a shotgun, it will become one of the tools avaliable, specialized for one stage of an entry, it will certainly be interesting to see what evolutions in tactical entry strategy this will spawn.

Comment

Now that's "forward" thinking!!!

Comment

Just so you know, this is nothing new. The Nazi's had invented a weapon just like this back in WWII. I saw a special about how technologically advanced the Germans actually were, and they had cutting edge technology back then...

BTW, about the israeli's having something similar...they get most of their weapons from us!!!
                            "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega17632
                              Just so you know, this is nothing new. The Nazi's had invented a weapon just like this back in WWII. I saw a special about how technologically advanced the Germans actually were, and they had cutting edge technology back then...

BTW, about the israeli's having something similar...they get most of their weapons from us!!!
                              Yeah, I saw that too, Germans issued the weapons to their tank crews to shoot attackers who crawled onto the top of their tanks. I think they said the bullet would spin apart and come out of the barrel in pieces, but still had the desired effect. The difference is that the German gun actually had a barrel that was bent, this thing is just a pistol on a 45 degree stock.
                              Last edited by tony.o; 04-24-2006, 01:43 AM.
                              The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7220 users online. 352 members and 6868 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X