300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your right to vote!!

i went to vote this morning. but before i went i was reading the morning paper that stated that PA was only expecting about a 25% voter turnout .

i find that TOTALLY APPALLING and consider it an OUTRAGE.

if you don't vote, then don't bitch about the way things are being run.

maybe our system is not perfect but you at least have chance to voice your opinion by voting a candidate or issue in or out.

get off your lazy fat asses, step away from the tv (or computer), and go do your constitutional duty. i don't care if you vote for the "yoda party". if not, then keep your governmental opinions to yourself.

[ 11-05-2002, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: nickg ]
    I'll post, You argue.

After looking at the candidates in my official California Sample Ballot I wished there was a representative from the "Yoda Party"

Comment

Sig,

That's what the write in space if for. Create a Yoda party! lol
      "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

I plan to vote when I leave work and get back to UD. I wanted to vote Republican across the board, but I have always been fond of Rendell, so he will probably get my vote. (waits for everyone to throw rocks)

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by kateykakes:
          I plan to vote when I leave work and get back to UD. I wanted to vote Republican across the board, but I have always been fond of Rendell, so he will probably get my vote. (waits for everyone to throw rocks)

katey...i'll gladly throw one at you!!!
          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I have never failed to vote since I turned 18 almost 7 years ago. I feel it's a debt I owe to the people (military and not) who over the years have worked so hard to make this the greatest country on earth (in my opinion, of course, I know this is an international board ). Educating myself on the issues and candidates and getting out there and voting is very important to me.
            I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Here I was, all set to leave work so I can go vote and feel like I made a difference. I get out to my car, put the key in the ignition, and all I hear is click, click, click. What I really want to hear is TICK, TICK, TICK, because I am so ready to blow this bitch up. I hate my car. I can't get a new one until the spring, if I can make this one last that long.

I need a new starter. I know the sound. I guess that was the one good thing about being married to someone who could fix anything. I did learn some things. Now if I only watched a little harder when he put them in, I could do my own.

Comment

I vote that Katey shoot her car.
                Sorry to hear about that Kate.
                I voted, should be interesting....

Comment

Thanks, Mike.

I'm outtie at 6pm with a ride home because my car is not moving and I am not paying for towing. I'll have my son or my ex fix it. They'll flip a coin.

I still have time to vote!

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by kateykakes:
                    Thanks, Mike.

I'm outtie at 6pm with a ride home because my car is not moving and I am not paying for towing. I'll have my son or my ex fix it. They'll flip a coin.

I still have time to vote!

Does the winner or the loser of the coin flip have to fix the car?????

[ 11-05-2002, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: 10mill ]

Comment

Without a doubt, Mike.

20 minutes of yap time before I leave. Let me go find a poor soul in the office to yack with. Shouldn't be too hard to drive someone mad.

Yap at ya after the Flyers game tonight, Mike. [Wink]

[ 11-05-2002, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Comment

I voted this afternoon! Not like it really mattered for our new "Metro Mayor"... he's had this in the bag for years ever since folks voted yes for Merger. (Personally I did not.)

The main race I'm watching the U.S. House 3rd Congressional District, I voted Rebpublican as I like Congresswoman Northup and agree with what she wants to do for my community and the nation as a whole. Besides, I don't want to send a Ken Doll to Congress. [Wink]

[ 11-05-2002, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Piper ]

Comment

My polling place was busy. We have a race for govenor where everyone running is an idiot. It was a nasty election. I think a lot of people are going to vote for the Libertarian candidate (Ed Thompson).

Ed is the brother of Tommy Thompson, former WI govenor and current health and human services sec. What a joke. There must be better candidates.

Katey, sorry about your car. I vote that we throw rocks at your car.
                          Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by metp1264:
                            Katey, sorry about your car. I vote that we throw rocks at your car.

Thanks, met. Actually, it's all par for the course. I'm getting rather used to it by now.

If you want to stone my car, be my guest! I can't even give it away to Jee, although believe me, I tried. Some friend she is! HA!

[ 11-05-2002, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Comment

I voted this morning before work. Haven't missed a year yet since I was 18. Nice and quiet there at 7am.

Katey, I'll take the car off your hands as soon as you get it inspected and get the new starter, ok???
                              Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3086 users online. 191 members and 2895 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X