Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$117,000,000 - What would you do with this?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $117,000,000 - What would you do with this?

As you know this self made millionaire (before the win) won the mega jackpot and took home after taxes $117 million bucks.

I know what I'd do with alot of that money. Just wondering what you guys would do with this kind of cash?!!??!
    Never, Never, Never Give Up!
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quit my job, buy a new Nikon and head off to backpack across Scotland.
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Quit my job, buy a lot of land, buy a BIG house, and a bunch of cars, and a few garages, and then a big extension to my house, and buy out a few gun stores, and buy more cars, and a few more garages, and a few more extensions to the house, and donate money to Towson U. so they could rename Linthicum Hall "Crazy in a Jeep Hall" ...

Comment

A big house for all of our cats

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Yeah, a REALLY big house.

"Why do you want twenty-five fireplaces and nineteen kitchens?"

"Eh, why the hell not!"

Comment

Umm.. who cares about the kitchen? I can think of other rooms to concentrate on..

Comment

Hmmm.... let's see. I'd quit my job and then I'd beat feet to some tropical place with lots of sun and umbrella drinks

[ 12-29-2002, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Law573 ]
              "I received a telephone call from an individual identifying himself as Al Qaeda. Mr. Qaeda stated that a bomb was going to explode this afternoon, but would not say where it was..." - taken from an actual statement.

Comment

I'd quit my job, buy every single Kimber made, buy a really good camera with lenses and head off to Ireland then to Italy with my best friend.

After I had enough of that, I'd keep applying to be a police officer till I was hired. Money or not, it's what I want to do.

Comment

"Ok, so, let me get this straight ... you want me to build a wing to your house that looks like the interior of the DEATH STAR? From Star Wars? With a garbage chute and a bottomless pit? Uh, okaaaay ..."

Comment

I would buy my job and appoint someone else to run it.

Then, being 18, Id probably spend it all on cars, women and booze.
                    Security Officer!
                    Stop Right There!

Oh Cmon, stop!

Comment

I want to know where Uncle Sugar gets off stealing $198 million of it.
                      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I would set up accounts so that I could live off the interest.

Then, I would resign my position, find a LARGE tract of land, and build a good-sized house near the middle of it, complete with a shooting range, and start doing some of the things I can't afford to do now: shoot more often, get back into photography in a bigger way, and just enjoy life.

I would also set up a trust fund (anonymously) for the children of some of my co-workers, so that they could afford to send them to college, and probably buy a bunch of houses around town to rent, at a lower-than-going rate for LEO's.

I realize that it doesn't sound that bad for a 3 bedroom house to rent for $600-800 per month, but with our pay scale, that is nearly as much as some newer Officers are taking home after deductions [Eek!]

Nah, haven't thought about it at all [Wink]
                        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Pay off one of my credit cards. [Frown]
                          People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

>>>I want to know where Uncle Sugar gets off stealing $198 million of it.<<<

Actually, the gentleman elected to take the lump sum, which was about $170MM.

So, Uncle Sugar only got $53MM.
                            Dave Kiefner
                            [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

I love this question because I get to go to dreamland! I think I answer it differently each time!

Purchase lots of land near water and mountains
                              Build an A Frame massive log cabin
                              (I'll leave out the naked male servants this time!)
                              Live with the man of my dreams in peace and harmony with nature
                              Set up a 30 bed home for abused children, women, (men if the need is identified) and pets in each province.
                              Give money to the Christian mission for overseas care.
                              Set up a fund where medical expenses will be paid for those with a life threatening illness and the inability to pay for treatment.
                              Buy Mike a new gun!

Gee, I could spend all morning on this!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3124 users online. 150 members and 2974 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X