Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remembering 2002 - What will you remember most?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering 2002 - What will you remember most?

Are you glad to see 2002 gone? What are some of the highlights you will remember from the year?

What are you looking forward to for 2003?

Up awful early, aren't we? [Wink]

I will doing my best to forget 2002, except for a very few good memories. It was a pretty rough year.

2003, on the other hand, I hope is going to be a much better year for me. For the first time in I don't know how many years, I actually have plans for New Year's Eve!!
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by JKT:
      Up awful early, aren't we? [Wink]

LOL! I am getting caught up on computer work. Its nice spending more then 3 minutes at a time..... and all is quiet....... mmmmmmmm.......coffee.......

Comment

Oh goodness. This year has been full of them:

Took Sgt's test. Couldn't believe I did do better. Thanked god I didn't do better.

Knocked up my wife for the fourth time (Celebration for not getting promoted?)
        Rotated out of Detectives and went back to the street. Boy patrol is fun again.

My fourth child/first son was born (Horay a boy finally! I still love my girls. They sure can be wacky).
        Two weeks later went to Hazardous Devices School and became a bomb tech (hey, bomb school was planned for a lot longer than the baby was ). Still hearing about it from my wife that I left for five weeks after the baby was born.
        Became an FTO. I think I've found my niche.
        If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Sadly enough, my Grandmother's death. The holidays were very difficult without her, watching my Grandfather break up. My Grandfather is a very stubborn old man and seeing him cry like a baby on my shoulder was heartbreaking on Christmas morning.
          "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Let's see...
            1. Getting married
            2. Getting a new job
            3. Buying a new house
            That's the big stuff.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by JKT:

I will doing my best to forget 2002, except for a very few good memories. It was a pretty rough year.

I agree... bad year for me. not many happy things happened. i will be glad to see 2002 gone.
              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

2002 started out very rough for me, but it will be ending on an upswing. I have a new job that is getting my foot in the door to become a police officer and most important, my heart has been made whole.

I look forward to see what 2003 will bring.

Comment

1. Big cash settlement on my property stuff.. THANK GOD!
                  2. Divorce.. OHH THANK GOD!!
                  3.Got the CSO job.. THANK GOD!
                  4. Got me a new car, named "ven", (after the judge who granted my divorce) THANK GOD!
                  5.Met a wonderful man... OH THANK GOD. (he is AWESOME!)

On the bad side,
                  1. Failed two background investigations.. Grrrr... Rat Bastards!
                  2. Ex bought my neighbors house... grrrr.. double rat bastard!

All in all, It was a great year because I weeded my garden of Life, and now I plan on only planting flowers. (analogy) [Wink] Thank you GOD.

next year. I better get a gun!.. and a real squad. [Wink]
                  Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

My daughter graduating Salutatorian of her Senior Class.  -
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by wonderwoman:
                      What are some of the highlights you will remember from the year?

My wife selling our condo and buying a house and informing me at work (3 doubles in a row) via cell phone... "Oh, by the way, I sold the condo...Yada yada yada."

quote:
                      What are you looking forward to for 2003?
                      Lets see, BESIDES working my normal job... I now have a lawn to mow, shrubs and bushes to trim, leaves to clean up, things to fix, SNOW to clear, gutters to clean out, trees trim and cut down, etc, etc.
                      2003 should be interesting.
                      " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Not being able to get my dad to answer the telephone. Driving to his house and finding him on the floor where he had died of a heart attack. I will never be able to get that image out of my mind.

Dealing with estate sales, auctions, trying to fix his house up to sell it. This years been a blurr and I'm glad it's almost over.

On top of that ....dealing with lawyers makes me feel like Scrooge this year. Bah Humbug

[ 12-28-2002, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Guard Dog ]
                        "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

Actually, 2002 hasn't been that bad of a year..

After being in a fog of lethargy and fatigue for several years, I was finally diagnosed this year with diabetes and after embarking on a treatment plan, I now feel more alive than I have felt in a long time. I cannot believe the energy I now have and despite some minor upsets along the way, am finally healthy and happy for the most part.

I'm looking forward to 2003.. especially as soon as school lets out [Wink]
                          No partner is worth your tears -
                          the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

posted by the Insane1:
                            quote:
                            next year. I better get a gun!.. and a real squad.
                            ....looking into crystal ball, I see you getting what you wished for. Oh wait a minute, something went wrong, its the rubber gun squad!

[ 12-29-2002, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Orange ]
                            "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

2002 was pretty good overall......it sure beats what we all were dealing with in this city (and country) last year at this time.....
                              "Please don't tell my mother that I'm a Dog Handler. She thinks that I'm a piano player in a whore house" - Anonymous

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6222 users online. 350 members and 5872 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X