• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kd5hqd
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2000

Update and Ouch

Ok, here's my update.

School is going well. I just finished my first term at school with a 3.1 GPA (I know I can do better than that) but I'm loving school finally, for a change, and I've met so many nice people up there. However, I hate PA (sorry everyone from there) I wish the school could be transplanted right in Texas. PA is just so......blah.

On Monday, I had the extreme pleasure of having all four of my wisdom teeth removed. (and being doped up on the meds is my excuse for my previous bad typing the last few days) I'm still very hungry because I can't eat much. <sigh>

Tex
    KD5HQD
  • WHC166
    Banned
    • Nov 2000

Dude...you gotta get out more!! That area is just teaming with things to do and see! You've got Philly, NYC, Baltimore, DC, and tons of battlefields and stuff to see!

That area of the country is my favorite....kinda wish I still lived out that way!

Comment

• KenM
      Forum Rookie
      • Mar 2000

I can sympathize with you. I didn't enjoy my stay in the northeast either. The people were just too different from Southern folk and the food sucked.

Just like the brochures say, "Texas, it's like a whole other country"
      "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

• LBomb
        Center City Bike Cop
        • Jun 2001

Food sucks??? C'mon we gt Philly cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, pizza joints on every other corner, Tastykakes...yes, Tastykakes...who can say the food sucks? You just weren't eating in the right places.
        "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
        http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

• klar
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2000

I will say that when I was over in eastern PA I had a good time and ate at some very nice places. I have also been down to texas I can say that I was treated very badly all three times i was down there. MAkes me not want to go back.

Klar
          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

• kateykakes
            Banned
            • Jan 2001

Ken,

How can you say that? And to think I always liked you!

The East coast is the place to be, especially in Pennsylvania. Listen to LB, he knows what he's talking about! And not only do we have Tastykakes in here in Philly, we have Kateykakes!

Kyle,

There is so much to see and do where you're at. Go out and have a blast!

Comment

• Mike Tx
              No Longer Active
              • Jul 2001

Originally posted by klar:
              I will say that when I was over in eastern PA I had a good time and ate at some very nice places. I have also been down to texas I can say that I was treated very badly all three times i was down there. MAkes me not want to go back.

Klar

What happened dude? Did we see you one of those 'I luv NY' bumper stickers on you car? That's bad in Texas!

Comment

• Dinosaur
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2001

Sounds like you're just a little bit homesick, Tex.

It's been my experience that you can have a good time anywhere if you work at it. I've even had fun in Texas. I'd advise against drinking the water, though.

Comment

• Stone
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2001

I will repeat myself from a previous post...

The Northeast is the center of the universe. Yes, most of the people around here are arrogant, obnoxious and a general pain in the @$$, but that is because we ALL are the best and know it... Just get in each others way a lot!

Honestly, I will never live anywhere but NH. This is just the best place to be... and Boston is my city... If I need nightlife/pro sports yada yada, I go to Boston...

Anyone ever go there and think there is nothing good to eat (#1 your out of your mind) but #2 go to Bartley Burgers in Cambridge!!! Best damn burger on the planet!
                  Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

• Dinosaur
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2001

I'll cover your trash-talkin' Pilgrim ***, Stone, but the odds of us makin' it outahere in one piece are pretty slim.

Comment

• Stone
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2001

Dinosaur,
                      I am sure there are more yankee's here than let on. Don't be scared...

Remember, we're #1... and dont forget to "pahk the cah in da havahd yahd!"

Comment

• Dinosaur
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2001

Why, I ain't skeered, Stone.

Just heard those fellas could shoot the eye outa squirrel at a hunnerd yards, is all....and they do got a chitload a guns.

.....'member Butch and Sundance?

Comment

• Mike Tx
                          No Longer Active
                          • Jul 2001

i never realized you two were yankees. That's almost as bad a foreigner! At least you aren't damn yankees!

Comment

• Stone
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2001

Not sure how you missed it... I kind of SCREAM it in my profile, don't I?

I may not be a "Damn Yankee", but I am a Damn PROUD Yankee

Also, I am a Boston boy too, so all this Yankee talk is making me sick... GO BO-SOX!

Comment

• Gubmentcheez
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2000

Originally posted by kateykakes:
                              And not only do we have Tastykakes in here in Philly, we have Kateykakes!
                              Katey will you be mah lil butter scotch krimpett? PA Blah?? OUCH! Philly has great stuff to offer. Bob and Barbara's Lounge and The Basement are two of the best J*** bars on the east coast. Not to mention great heart clogging food. Cool j*** and grease, who couldn't love that???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17716 users online. 36 members and 17680 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...