300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh...

I wasn't really sure where to put this, not being a LEO, I didn't want to post this in the "Squad Room" but this is probably where the topic should be...ok..I'm rambling, but I digress....

Today has not been a good day for the LPD.
    I get news blurbs thanks to msn and this popped up just a while ago...

"LOUISVILLE, 2:52 p.m. EST December 18, 2001 - On the same day that a Louisville Police Department detective's suspension prompted a proposed policy change regarding officers who face DUI charges, another officer was arrested for allegedly buying drugs."

The LPD has had such a hard time with having good community relations for one reason or another. Reading this just made my heart heavy. I just had to say something. Tell me this doesn't happen all the time.

-Piper

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Piper ]

No, it doesn't happen all the time.

However, when it does happen, the media get ahold of it and makes sure everyone is aware of it.

We have had similar incidents at my agency, but luckily, they are few and far between.
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Piper,

Just out of curiosity, what's the future of the LPD going to be like? I recall last year that Louisville voted on a merged city government like we have here in Lexington. Is LPD going to merge with JCPD and all the other small agencies in Jefferson County such as St. Matthews and Fairdale?

Comment

Patrick,

I don't know all the details, but my understanding is the city and county will merge, but cities like St. Matthews, Shivley, J-Town etc. will continue to stand alone. Who really knows what's going to happen. Personally, I didn't vote for the merger. Most folks I know like things the way they are.

Cheers,
        Piper

Comment

Similiar things have happend in this area a couple of times in the last few years. In all the cases they were crappy officers who couldnt patrol a day care playground without screwing it up, so it was really no big loss. It just leaves a black eye that we all have to wear for awhile, but even that goes away with time.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecOpsWarrior:
            It just leaves a black eye that we all have to wear for awhile, but even that goes away with time.
            Well, it looks like the black eye is getting bigger...two more LPD officers have been suspended for supposed use of "excessive force."

*beats head on desk*
            Piper

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4837 users online. 269 members and 4568 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X