Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws you would change if you could...

I would make the following laws...

If you failed a drug test...misdemeanor.

Cigarettes and alcohol....illegal.

Killing of an officer....automatic death penalty.

Originally posted by chucker

I agree with this. I dont care what state, you kill a brother officer, you get the death penalty in all 50 states!!

Comment

Juvs are all tried as adults at 16

Comment

Originally posted by chucker
        It also don't matter if you are under the age of 18 you kill an officer you die.
        New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

You guys need to qualify what you're saying about the death penalty. Sure, if it's intentional and premeditated, give 'em the death penalty. If it's an accident the death penalty just doesn't apply.

The law I would change is taxes. Every person in the United States would pay the same percentage of their GROSS income. If you make $100,000 you will pay 20%, Likewise, if you make $800,000 this year, you will also pay 20%. Deductions, tax breaks and everything else should be done away with.

Comment

Rape, or child molesting - Death

Drunk Driving (1st offense) - Total loss of license, no possibility of reinstatement and 2 years Jail time (Minimum, it can go up from there based on other variables).

Drunk Driving (2nd Offense) - 5 years jail time (Minimum...it can go up from there based on other variables).

Drunk Driving (3rd Offense) - Death, you obviously have no hope of rehabilitating yourself nor any consideration for other human life.

Distribution of illegal substances to a minor - Death

Distribution of illegal substances to anyone excluding a minor - 5 Years jail time, minimum.

These crimes would be on a no-appeal basis, which means that once the gavel slams that bench, you aren't going to go kiss your family good-bye homeboy, you're going straight to serve your sentence.

If I were in power, being a thug or leading a life of crime would be something nobody looked up to, idolized, or wanted anything to do with.
            A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Hogswine
              Juvs are all tried as adults at 16

They are being tried as adults much younger than that. I think those should be done on a case by case basis however I have not seen any positive outcome in the cases that have already been tried. They get out, they are so out of touch and they end up going back in because that is all they know. They have not yet lived, their influences are distorted. At least adults have lived and know both sides of life. Locking children up, treating them as adults when they are not no matter how much we want them to be is not the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Contact

Drunk Driving (1st offense) - Total loss of license, no possibility of reinstatement and 2 years Jail time (Minimum, it can go up from there based on other variables).

Drunk Driving (2nd Offense) - 5 years jail time (Minimum...it can go up from there based on other variables).

Drunk Driving (3rd Offense) - Death, you obviously have no hope of rehabilitating yourself nor any consideration for other human life.

Distribution of illegal substances to a minor - Death

Distribution of illegal substances to anyone excluding a minor - 5 Years jail time, minimum.

These crimes would be on a no-appeal basis, which means that once the gavel slams that bench, you aren't going to go kiss your family good-bye homeboy, you're going straight to serve your sentence.

If I were in power, being a thug or leading a life of crime would be something nobody looked up to, idolized, or wanted anything to do with.
                Excellent! I was going to say DUI first offense a felony but I like your ideas however I think they are a little stiff for first offense. Beyond that I have no problems but I think that the BAC should somehow determine the sentence.

Oh and child molesters, I can't think of a fitting punishment for that. Unfortunately I would have to settle for death.

Comment

Originally posted by OFK
                  Excellent! I was going to say DUI first offense a felony but I like your ideas however I think they are a little stiff for first offense. Beyond that I have no problems but I think that the BAC should somehow determine the sentence.

Oh and child molesters, I can't think of a fitting punishment for that. Unfortunately I would have to settle for death.

The only reason I would make them so stiff is because DUI is one of the easiest offenses to avoid. Nobody ever thinks they will get caught so it should be up to the people to make sure that ONE offense means you never drive (legally, at least) again! The threat of a harsh punishment has never stopped anybody, ever. I see no reason that the threat of a harsh penalty would stop a drunk from driving, with this in mind, it is imperative that once the drunk is caught, It's "congratulations jack-***, that's the last time you're behind the wheel."
                  A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

no jail time for cutting off the tag under my mattress.
                    "patiently waiting"

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinchitown
                      no jail time for cutting off the tag under my mattress.
                      Once you bought the mattress you can cut it off. That law is for it still being in storage or the store.
                      Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
                      Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
                      For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
                      'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

Originally posted by Contact

i agree. especially with child molesting. those are some sick people and need a lot stiffer penalty at the least. we have the sex offender web site in our state and you can see where everyone lives. there are so many convicted child molester and repeat offenders it sickens me.

Comment

Intentional killing of a police officer-death penalty.

Child molesting/rape-life imprisonment.

3rd offence DUI-life imprisonment

If someone was killed as a direct result of a DUI-death penalty.

Minors should be tried on a case to case basis.

I don't see any reason for giving the death penalty to someone who hasn't actually killed someone. That would be horrible if we let our society come to that. I believe in punishment as long as it is fair and just. In other words, punishment shouldn't be overly excessive for a crime in which no one was injured or killed, unless they are repeat crimes. If a criminal doesn't learn thier lesson the first or second time, then they will probably never learn it.

Comment

Fleeing felon.

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                            between you
                            and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Intentional killing of Police Officer- Death

More juveniles tried as adults.

Contact, would it be fair to say you hate drunk drivers????? I agree!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5702 users online. 400 members and 5302 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X