Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OUTRAGE: MUMIA DEATH SENTENCE THROWN OUT!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUTRAGE: MUMIA DEATH SENTENCE THROWN OUT!!

Just on CNN.

Convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal had his death sentence thrown out by a Fed judge. The a-hole judge upheld the conviction.....so why the nullified sentence?!

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: BRICKCOP ]
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Sickening. Who got to the judge? He needs to be removed from the bench. There is no way he was following the law.

Someone will find a way to execute Wesley Cook. His name is Wesley Cook. Mumia is not a real name.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

The Guilty verdict was upheld yet again. The judge ordered a new sentencing hearing to be conducted within 180 days. A legal irregularity in the original was cited as the reason for the decision.

Both sides can appeal, and likely will.

Will it ever end?

Comment

Maybe I'm flipping out for nothing.

If he gets re-sentenced to death I'll be happy.

When he gets executed will I be satisfied.
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

OK before we all go ballistic, his honor overturned the death sentence, and said that Cook is entitled to a new sentencing hearing. He went on to say that if PA does not do so within 180 days, then Cook would be sentenced to life.

Hopefully justice will still prevail against this POS.
          http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/2001...u_jamal_5.html

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: dkiefner ]
          Dave Kiefner
          [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

As somebody new to law enforcement (still not even hired, sigh), I don't understand. How can they say he is still guilty, but that they'll reduce his sentence?

To be convicted, all the elements of the crime were proven beyond a reasonable doubt, right, and those elements are enough to merit the death sentence in PA, right? I don't get it.

I don't think we went this in depth into trial law at my Academy, so I am really curious how this will all work if the death penalty is halted/overturned/whatever. Can anybody clue me in?
            I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Let me guess, the judge is now going to request police protection because of his controversial decision...

He will want the cops to save his butt after he does this to the memory of a fallen officer.

I think I need to go talk to the head for a while :vomit:

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Stone ]
              Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

Ok, the judge is an idiot........but I'm not going to get completely wound up until we see what happens with the new sentencing hearing.

*taking deep breaths*

Comment

Originally posted by Stone:
                  He will want the cops to save his butt after he does this to the memory of a fallen officer.
                  The really sad part is that if he has to have protection, he'll get it. I'd hate to be in any PO's shoes protecting this piece of sh*t.

Comment

The judge won't need protection. I don't think we should even suggest that he may.

Had it gone the other way, I'd see the need more clearly.

Comment

This sucks. It smells of a sell-out by the judge.

Comment

Sickening. i just saw it on my home page and i'm SICK. i dont care what ends up happening, NOTHING should go in his favor, there's no reason for it. it makes me embarassed (again) at our judicial system.
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

What the hell does that judge have between his ears??? ****???

This has been a crappy day all around.

-Piper

Comment

.....slowly counting to 100.......
                            Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Hundreds of judges have upheld the death sentence. One judge didnt. One judge out of hundreds.

Something sound wrong with that picture to you too?
                              No partner is worth your tears -
                              the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6138 users online. 342 members and 5796 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X