300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Cruisers

Anyone seen the new Police Package for the Dodge Chargers & Magnums on the road yet? They look pretty nice, just wondering how they handle and all that fun stuff! How much per?

Here's the website, go all the way to the bottom and both of them are there to click on... https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/fleet...ler?pageid=337

Never been in one, but I have seen one of the magnums on the road. A city around here has one...look pretty cool. Talking to one of the officers they said it is pretty fast, easy to drive, but hard to get use to because it is so long. He said when you look in the mirror, it feels like you are driving a limo.

Comment

Talking to one of the officers they said it is pretty fast, easy to drive, but hard to get use to because it is so long. He said when you look in the mirror, it feels like you are driving a limo.
      That's interesting, since the Magnum is actually only slightly longer than the CVPI. Maybe it's just a perception thing.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Twins!

http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/contri...iowpark03.html

Comment

I can tell you this much..... a burgundy Charger R/T came screaming by me the other night in a 45 mph zone in our Route 29 business district. He must have been doing about 80 mph and still accelerating. It didn't sound as good as the old Mopars back in the early 70s, but it sure was announcing it had a powerful V-8 under the hood.

I got stopped by the next red light and never could see where he was going or what he was doing. He was just horsing around I suppose.

Back in the fall of 2005 a young state trooper in Gum Springs, Va told me the state police had bought 6 to try out. I haven't seen any of them on the road yet. Unless they went into service as unmarked cars. If they went into unmarked service, they will be as hard to spot as the unmarked Impalas are.

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh
            That's interesting, since the Magnum is actually only slightly longer than the CVPI. Maybe it's just a perception thing.

Very possible...as I said, I have never been in one, but I wouldnt be mad if my PD got one. I would sure like to give it a go.

P.S. AggiePhil, I hope you work in that PD, cuz those cars are F***ing sweet!

Comment

The magnum may be only slightly longer bumper to bumper but the cabin is much longer. On another note I have driven both the charger and magnum(hemi) and I personally didnt care for them. It kind of felt like the car was not driving and not me. The steering is a bit spongy and you can jerk the wheel around and the car will retain a straight trajectory. Also, from what the owner said (I didnt try it) you can begin driving the car in a circle and let go of the wheel, and the car will continue driving the circle. It was very fast though, especially considering how heavy they both are. They also feel pretty durable/safe, so thats probably a good thing. Ive never driven a crown victoria by the way, so for all I know this is a better version of a similar car. Personally, I am looking forward to the new challenger

Comment

I thought I read in one of the numerous police mags I get that had a 06 vehicle comparo that Dodge wont actually be supplying the PP Chargers until the fall of 06.
                And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

They werent police cars, I am a civilian. They were just the (5.7?)L hemis available to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by OffDuty
                    I thought I read in one of the numerous police mags I get that had a 06 vehicle comparo that Dodge wont actually be supplying the PP Chargers until the fall of 06.

Nope, they are out there, very few, but they are out there

Comment

No, I don't work for the department. But the pic certainly is cool.

Are the Chargers available with a HEMI, or just the Magnums?

Comment

Originally posted by AggiePhil
                        Are the Chargers available with a HEMI, or just the Magnums?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Prangler
                          Nope, they are out there, very few, but they are out there
                          If they are anything like the Intrepid (and I know from a visibility point they are), then the very few out there will remain as such. I curse Dodge every day with brake, electrical and my lower back problems.
                          And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

A small department down here just bought about 4 Magnums. The officers so far seem to really like them, but I am curious as to how they will hold up to the test of time. As others have said, Dodge's reputation in this area is not the best when it comes to police cars. I personally love my CVPI... but would be curious to try the Magnum and Charger for a week or so.
                            In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

This is nice!

2006 charger
                              Last edited by CBP1895; 03-29-2006, 02:39 PM.
                              I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8924 users online. 374 members and 8550 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X