Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore to give addicts more drugs...

Yeah, this is all they need. Giving drug addicts access to a regulated pharmaceutical that can only be administered by doctors or paramedics. EMTs aren't even allowed to administer this drug in the field, yet they are willing to put it in the hands of drug addicts! I wonder if anyone is going to tell them that a side effect of Narcan is cardiac arrest if it's pushed too quickly...

quote:

March 5, 2003

Addicts to give anti-overdose
    drugs

BALTIMORE (AP)

quote:
    Originally posted by PatrickM98:

quote:

distributed beginning May 1 after a group of 50 addicts is trained.

They can't be trained to control their addiction or to even take a damn shower. What makes these quacks think the dopers will remember instructions for administration and dosing of Narcan?

quote:
    In the past four years, more than 1,000 people have died
    from heroin overdoses in Baltimore, officials said. In Maryland in 2001, 516 persons died from heroin overdoses.

[/qb][/QUOTE]That's 1,516 fewer burglars and robbers plaguing the streets of Maryland. I see that as a positive cost/benefit ratio.

[ 03-24-2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: ateamer ]
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Perhaps rapists will get condoms next?

Comment

That is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. I wonder how long it will be before the family of some "victim" who ODs will sue because the drug was improperly given or failed to revive them.

Comment

With all the medical training I've been through, I'm not allowed to even assist a patient with their own Nitroglycerin without contacting medical control and now drug addicts can self-administar Narcan. This is truly incredible. Yet another sign of what our country has gone to.

Comment

Why not give them free heroin too?
            Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

And people say this country isn't going in the sh*tter. You've got to be kidding me. Maybe it will save 1,800 911 calls but how much do the drugs cost? What a bunch of BS.
              On the wings of a dove
              Let's roll for justice
              Let's roll for truth
              Let's not let our children grow up
              Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

I would seriously doubt that heroin addicts will self-administer narcan. Its been my experience that every time I slam narcan and ruin someone's high cuz they weren't breathing, the wake up pretty mad at me..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4953 users online. 278 members and 4675 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X