300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoP, Poppa, PawPaw,Dad, Daddy......

In deference to the post on Pop, I have my own to put forth.

So what do YOU call your "old man"?

Mine is Daddy, and will be until he isn't....

Out
    American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Daddy, always.

Comment

I call my father "Dad". My mother is "Mother". My husband is "HEYYOU". lol

Comment

I call my parents "Dad" and "Mom." I'm very original.

I call my grandfather "grampa", and I call my grandmothers "gramma" (except for my dad's mom, who I have to scream, "GRAMMA" and wave my arms in the air to get her attention, since she's only *slightly* deafer than a wood post).

Comment

i always called my dad Dad. and my mom Ma or Mama. now i call my wife Mama (along with some other pet names). and she calls me a few choice things now and again too.
          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Dad...
            My son says DaDa and I'm Mom-Mom

Comment

I don't call him anything anymore... he's been deceased for over 25 years.
              But prior to that it was "Dad".
              " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

My son calls me Mama and his Dad is Pops or "Hey, Old man" lol. He calls his grandmother Granma and my Dad Pop-Pop.
                I call my H by his real name, Al, or Pops just to get a dirty look. lol
                He calls me "Old Woman" and runs.

Comment

father is "dad", mother is "mom" unless im yelling, then its "MA!". grandma is "paw paw", grandpa is "gung gung".

Comment

Dad and Mom. I'm yet another original one..

My sister calls my dad "daddy" but even though I do have him wrapped around my little finger, I've never been such a sap like she is.
                    No partner is worth your tears -
                    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Ma or MaMi
                      and
                      Dad or Pa Pa
                      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Both of my folks are gone now("folks", rather than parents; don't know where I picked up that habit).

It was Mom, or Mommy(so I'm a Mommy's boy; shoot me! ).

My father was Dad to me, or Pops in later years(if I wasn't calling him an old letch, or a stubborn old jackass!).

Dad always called his folks "Dad", and "Ma."

My uncle(Mom's brother) was born mentally retarded, and lived with my Grandma until she died. Sometimes he called her Mother, sometimes Fern(her name), but most of the time, he called her "Renabee." Where he came up with that name, no one ever knew. He could read and write some, and was really thrilled when my sister showed him how to spell it.

I've known some who called their folks by their first names; I find that totally bizarre, and feel that is the sign of a rather disfunctional family. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a hard time fathoming that. [Frown]
                        Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

quote:
                          I've known some who called their folks by their first names; I find that totally bizarre, and feel that is the sign of a rather disfunctional family. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a hard time fathoming that.
                          Dysfunctional at BEST....Completely disrespectful for sure.

Out
                          American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

WORD! I heard my ex sister in law call my ex mother in law that one time. I was stunned and I just stopped and said "Did you just call her LINDA?" and gave her that "WTF" look.

Totally disrespectful.
                            Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Dad was "Dad" and Mom was "Mom".
                              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5391 users online. 299 members and 5092 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X