Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send all your unwanted stuff to me, i'm gonna have a big yard sale... so i can retire [Wink]

(yes i'll even take sausages, summer or winter)
    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Mr.Orange:
      Ladies and I use that term loosely,

I am SO offended by that !!! Senor Naranjas esta muerto... [Wink]
      Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????? Summer sausage, is GREAT with cheese and crackers.

Of course I'm probably the only living soul in the entire world that actually LIKES fruit cake too.
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

Don-
          Fruitcake? OMG!!!! You'd better be careful, they've kidnapped and run scientific tests on people for less....ask MikeTx! [Wink]

Comment

no fruitcake here :x

but,

Summer sausage sliced fairly thin, on top of: Rye bread (crusts cut off, thanks) layered with cheese of your choice (I like provolone or cheddar) then tomatoes sliced fairly thick. Then a few strips more of cheese on top.

Throw in the oven for oh... a coupla minutes to crisp the bread, then under the broiler to brown the cheese. Fresh coarse ground black pepper tops it, and a good wheat ale.

nummy. [Wink]

Comment

Don-
              quote:
              Of course I'm probably the only living soul in the entire world that actually LIKES fruit cake too
              ...and here I thought that you were going to admit to BEING a fruitcake, not just liking it!!!!

Excellent idea for the recipe. I usually just eat 'em with ritz crackers, swiss cheese, and whatever alcoholic beverage is handy. As it turns out, it usually tastes better as I keep eating(drinking).....

Out

[ 12-27-2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: huff317 ]
              American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Don:
                WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????? Summer sausage, is GREAT with cheese and crackers.

We used to put it on home made pizza. Of course the sausage we used was made from caribou. Yummy

quote:
                [QBOf course I'm probably the only living soul in the entire world that actually LIKES fruit cake too. [/QB]

Hey, there ain't nothing wrong with a good fruitcake. I like 'em too...
                Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Y'know,

When Don reads this thread, JKT, we are probably going to DIE. [Eek!] [Eek!]

Out
                  American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

I love Summer Sausage and Cheese packs!

I am always disappointed that nobody gives me any. I drop hints.... heck, I've come right out and told Mrs. Sparky, "Hey! I'd love to get one of those meat and cheese baskets!"

You can't beat processed meats and cheese! Some saltines... a nice cold beer. (I also like a schmudge of Miracle Whip.) Maybe a side of sweet gherkins and some green olives. Yummy!

I like fruitcake, too. As long as there aren't too many nuts.
                    -Sparky

Comment

quote:

Of course I'm probably the only living soul in the entire world that actually LIKES fruit cake too.

Don, you will forever be one of my LE heros. Every time you tell a war story or humorous adicdote from your days of chasing jackrabbits around the Mojave I think to myself "That's the type of cop I strive to be."

Now I learn my hero even likes Summer Sausage and Fruitcake. I am surpised you didn't say either goes good with beer.

They do go with beer right? If not I think I might be messing up [Eek!]

Shooter. I think we need to send you to the Don and LeeRoy school of culinary appreciation.

[ 12-28-2002, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: LeeRoy ]
                      If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Cute thread

Don, you are cool

How about Liverwurst, anyone grow up eating that? my dad loved all that stuff (summer sausage incl), with a big slice of white onion and mayo or mustard on a sandwich. My parents also ordered Claxton fruitcake every year... i cant EVER remember even tasting it lol.

i used to like my liverwurst spread thin on bread with a little mustard, toast was good too. i havent bought it for years tho!
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
                          How about Liverwurst, anyone grow up eating that?
                          YUCK!!!...... A friend of mine had a deli and hated making sandwiches with that stuff, too messy, too hard to cut, etc. On the menu board it was posted "Liverwurst - $25,000.00" just so he didn't have to deal with it.
                          " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Stuffed Sausages and body lotion.....? How about yet another bottle of (fill in expletive of your choice)red wine?! Could be a "recyled gift" situation here...... Uh-Oh.
                            Last edited by DawgGal; 06-23-2010, 03:02 PM.
                            "Please don't tell my mother that I'm a Dog Handler. She thinks that I'm a piano player in a whore house" - Anonymous

Comment

quote:
                              Shooter. I think we need to send you to the Don and LeeRoy school of culinary appreciation.

SPAM ranks higher on my list of edible 'foods'.
                              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I never had SPAM, but i grew up eating fried TREET

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2370 users online. 126 members and 2244 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X