Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did you lurk here before posting?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did you lurk here before posting?

When I found this board I think I lurked about 15 minutes before I jumped in and started posting. I've noticed that sometimes people will post an intro and then they kinda vanish and never really post anymore. I guess maybe they had a case of premature posting and decided they didn't want to participate here after all.  -

So how about you? Did you lurk a while and test the waters or did you post a topic or reply right away?  -

I posted my first question about 5 minutes after finding this site. After several days and after initiating a few relatively long discussion topics, I finally introduced myself . At which point I was very warmly welcomed by exactly one person...

But, nevertheless, I love this site, and have been stuck here ever since

[ 03-21-2003, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: PeacefulDragon ]
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

I posted for the first time after about one hour. I never did introduce myself or anything, I just started posting replies & questions. I read this site everyday, but rarely post.

Comment

Lurked for about a year before I started posting.
        There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

I was coming here for info before they had a message board. When I first found they had added a board I posted right away. Since then I go in spurts. I check in now and then, and post when I have the time. I really don't "lurk". If I'm here, I usually post something.

Comment

I still lurk.

Comment

I was here before this ubb format was put up.

This is MUCH better than the old format.

I still lurk, some, but I've been around for over three years, now.
              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by MadMax:
                I still lurk.

Me too.
                Walk slow, Talk low, and Don't say Too Much.

Comment

i'm too scared to post here. someone might get mad at me.

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I posted right away, but I find myelf enjoying the postings more so than starting one of my own. I'd have to say this is a great site to post on. I've met alot of people from all over this great country of ours and even outside. You all are a bunch of great individuals and I continue to look forward to reading your post and learning from some of you as well.
                    "REMEMBER, COPS ARE YOUR FRIENDS !!"

Comment

I registered as soon as I found the site, then posted on 'Introductions' before I logged off. I'm still getting my feet wet....
                       -
                      If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Comment

PeacefulDragon, welcome!  - Sorry it's so belated. Sometimes I forget to go to that section and say hello to the newbies. I don't remember if I ever posted an intro or not; I think I just started posting.

Thanks to everyone for their replies!

Comment

Awww -- that's sweet! Thanks, though no need for anyone to apologize -- heck, I don't welcome everyone either .
                          "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

I lurked for about a week or two then after about 300 posts said something wrong and suffered the wrath of a few ladies. They straighten me up tight we became friends and I enjoy being on here. Oh I forgot to say I made a formal apoligy. The people on here are nice. I have met some and talked to quite a few. You'll enjoy yourself. [Wink]
                            Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

I had been posting on another law enforcement board and some of the members told me that I should join up here. I don't think I really lurked.
                              Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5089 users online. 285 members and 4804 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X