300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Cops

After reading the link lets talk about it. I find it hard to believe that an officer could believe they can get away with this stuff. Its embarassing
    http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/news.asp?ID=5539

I saw one once with nasty looking finger nails. I knew that dude was dirty.

Comment

Yeah it's a shame. Sounds like a good investigation by your SBI.

I've known cops from other agencies I work with who lift who have suddenly bulked up in weight. I'm talking about a 30% weight gain in muscle mass in a year. I'm not a weight lifter, body builder, or doctor but it sure is suspicous to me that somebody in their 30's can put on that kind of weight.
      If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Someone, especially who hasn't trained SERIOUSLY with weights, can make those kind of gains when they start hitting the weights hard, without pharmaceuticals. Heavy squats and piles of food work wonders. I put on 35 pounds of muscle in 18 months from just lifting heavy and eating. I have never used steroids, prohormones (andro products, whose efficacy is dubious) or growth hormone. I was just turning 30 at the time.

At the risk of getting the thread locked, or worse, I don't understand why steroids are illegal for adults. When used sensibly, the health risks are greatly reduced, and they can be of great benefit for the older athlete. Roid rage has also been reported to not be so much a factor of the drugs, but a component of the rager's personality to begin with. I have met quite a few guys on steroids, and only a couple appeared aggressive. Most of them are mellow.

But those opinions aside, there is no excuse for cops to be breaking the same laws they enforce. Stealing and drug dealing cannot be forgiven.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I have to second ateamer one point one. It is nothing to pack on 30 lbs of muscle just be proper wieght training and shoveling in the seared animal flesh.

As for the steroids. I never knew a guy on them that wasn't wacked out. I got no need for them.

As for the behavior of these guys. Not much needs to be said there.

Comment

I know one of the SBI agents involved in the investigation, and it has just shocked the whole LE community down there.

My take-their take-it's an absolute shame, but it happened, they were caught, let's move on. We know it should not take away from Ray's agency, but lets hope that the citizens know that.

I wish it never happened, but at this point, all we can hope for is to reassure the public it IS NOT par for all of us, or even that agency, and that through vigorous prosecution (but still respecting their rights as the public has demanded we do with suspects) we can regain the ground lost to these guys falling victim to greed.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]
            People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer:
              At the risk of getting the thread locked, or worse, I don't understand why steroids are illegal for adults.
              Men's T levels start dropping at around 35. If you really want to play with that stuff have your T levels tested when you're 40-45. If it's low enough you'll get it prescribed to you. You will no longer be able to compete in tested events though.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: werebear ]

Comment

Werebear - absolutely. The only way I would use steroids is under proper supervision with frequent blood tests. As far as tested competition, I like APF meets anyway, so it's OK.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer:
                  The only way I would use steroids is under proper supervision with frequent blood tests.
                  Actually, I wonder why men aged 35+, that are showing depressive symptoms, are not tested more often for low T levels before they are prescribed anti-depressents. Not that low T is itself responsible for depression, just that it creates an atmosphere where depression can take root (lack of energy, general irritability, fat gain, great difficulty losing excess fat, etc.).

Comment

I am suprised that none of the officers were tactical officers. As for putting 30% on in year, that does sound high. For me, 30% would equate to 60 lbs of lean mass. I started working out about 3 years ago, the most I ever put on was 45 pounds, and I fought hard for em.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6229 users online. 343 members and 5886 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X