• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Kodi
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by 156:
    As usual, I'm confused by your topic. You said you had a new job in a marketing company, but then you mentioned something about investigators. What line of work are you hoping to get into? And why would you be judged by what your coworkers are doing? I don't think their drug use would show up in your urine or blood.

I apologize if I am not writing enough information for you to understand. I am in the process of employment at a local police department. You're right, I shouldn't worry about what my co-workers are doing.

Leave a comment:

replied
    As usual, I'm confused by your topic. You said you had a new job in a marketing company, but then you mentioned something about investigators. What line of work are you hoping to get into? And why would you be judged by what your coworkers are doing? I don't think their drug use would show up in your urine or blood.

Leave a comment:

• Alyssa
    replied
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• SpecOpsWarrior
    replied
    I'm going to say this as nicely as I possibly can.

After having read some of your previous posts, working with some potheads should be the least of your worries when it comes time for your background to be done.

Leave a comment:

• Direct Kodi
    started a topic Full house of ignorance

Full house of ignorance

I need a few advice from you guys. I got a new job at a marketing company. The people who work at my new job are relatively young, ranging from 24 - 35. The people I have been tied to work with are not together at all. Based on how they present themselves, they gave me a feeling that they don't take their lives seriously.

My co-workers and I were having lunch and one guy stated that his friend grows weed in a fish tank. Then a girl says, "Can you snatch one for me? It'll be a present from you to me." The guy asks, "Why do you want weed?" Then the girl says, "So I can smoke it, please?" She was literally begging him to get her some weed.

I ate my lunch staying quiet and just looked on as they spoke of drugs. They were laughing and talking about how wonderful it is to have smoked weed and marijuana in the parking lot one time and not have get caught. And how dumb some cops are to have missed them doing drugs and that cops are stupid. They turned to me and asked if I've ever done drugs, trying to pull me into their conversation. I was speechless and I didn't have anything to say because the nature of their conversation didn't interest me so I didn't say much and just finished my lunch and left them alone.

After that, I guess they feel that I'm not "cool" enough to be their friends and I feel the same towards them. I don't approve of the way they "treat" themselves to drugs, the way they "treat" themselves to live a low-life, etc.

Now, what I wanted to know is this. When it is time for the investigators to investigate my background they will call my current job. Would having co-workers in drug activities have a bad effect on my getting hired? Or am I okay as long as I'm not doing drugs?

I just don't want the investigators to have second thougts about me just because of the fact that I work with some stupid young adults who think doing drugs is "cool".

[ 03-20-2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Direct Kodi ]

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2650 users online. 178 members and 2472 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X