300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roll call: Who's working??

me!!! me!!! (waving hand) I'm in at 0100 (couldn't sleep, so here I sit typing instead) for a half-shift... ('till 0500) and then again at 1600-2200.

Extras for me since I'm pitiful and have nothing better to do... that way TWO people with fambies can stay home...

OTOH, I really, really LIKE working holidays, especially major ones. It's quiet (o.k., had 2 CPR's in 12 hours last year... but... ) and everyone's in the same boat. We EAT from one end of the shift to the other too.

soooo... who else???

I worked 1st shift today(0700-1500), and am OFF until Friday at 0700.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Not me. This is the first time in years that my days off fell on Christmas Eve & Christmas. In fact my days off fall on New Years Eve & New Years day too. Because both days fall on my day off I get paid for both Holidays so, no sense workin' em this year.
      " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I'm working 0600 - 1400 on Christmas Day.

But I have New Year's Eve off [Wink]

Comment

I'm off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day... prolly my last till like 2007.

Comment

I am working in Detention 1900-0700 Christmas eve and Christmas.

Comment

quote:
              I'm off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...
              How'd you rate that....ROOKIE?
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I'm not working and bored out of my mind. Not that a LE shift around here is all that exciting on Christmas, but I'd still rather be working. Anybody want me to cover their shift?

Mike
                "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by shooter1201:
                  quote:
                  I'm off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...
                  How'd you rate that....ROOKIE?
                  Damn....

Since I'm not a "real" person yet, I get the holidays. Oh to be on probation.

Comment

As I may have already posted elsewhere on here, I am off 2002-12-21/28 inclusive, working nights the 29/31, then off the 1/3.

Most places where I have been posted, even if you WERE scheduled to work the 25th &/or 26th, it is usually so dead you could take a portable, pager or cell with you and just go to Church, or stay home, with a patrol vehicle loaded and ready to go, and still not even have to go.

Times like that always made up for the voluntary overtime.

Joyeux Noel and God bless to all those LEO/PO and their support staff, especially the dispatchers, who are on duty tonight, tomorrow and the 26th.
                    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                    "Smile" - no!

Comment

I'm off Christmas Eve and Day......AND New Years Eve and Day!!!!

Its great to be the Asst Chief!!! [Wink]
                      Steve

Comment

I worked Christmas Eve day and I
                        "The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
                        must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war"

--Gen Douglas MacArthur 1962

Comment

I work Christmas Day from 1500-2300 and New Years Day from 0700-1500. That's the one that really sucks!

Comment

-
                            on duty 6am - 2pm Christmas Day AND Boxing Day, KEEP THE ENGINE RUNNING! This water's freezing !!

[ 12-25-2002, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: Chiefy_Brown ]
                            from your old mate
                            c h i e f y
                            global chiefy to yer seadog seafarin' maties

Comment

I am currently hard at work until 0700 and then back at 1700 Christmas Day.

Lucky Me!!
                              No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
                              - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5369 users online. 297 members and 5072 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X