300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful!

I just wanted to stop in one last time before I head to bed and get ready for my LONG day tomorrow...whoever has to drive on the slippery, icy, wet, or snowcovered roads tomorrow please take it easy. There are idiots out there!! lol

Seriously, I have to drive from southern Vermont through NH down to Massachusetts in the snow tomorrow morning. Hopefully we'll miss a good chunk of it because we are leaving shortly after the kids open their gifts from Santa. We're expected to get up to 2 feet of snow here, but about a foot at my Mom's. Still enough to worry about!

So...you all have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! And I'll see you after the holiday.  - HO HO HO!  -
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Drive safe!

Comment

I'll take snow over ice ANY day of the week. Have a SAFE and ENJOYABLE trip. You DO have an automobile WINTER Survival Kit in your car. Riiiight?

[ 12-24-2002, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

quote:
        You DO have an automobile WINTER Survival Kit in your car. Riiiight?
        Yup, a cell phone. and plenty of ZONE bars!!!!
        "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

A couple of NICE, WARM BLANKETS would be a good addition, too. [Wink]
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

I just had a beautiful, albeit SLOW ride home from my sister's. All country roads, with no streetlights, snow covered, and the flakes coming down so hard i could barely see. and forget using high beams! luckily there was no traffic, and i could enjoy the snow and houses with christmas lights.
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Have a safe trip!!
              <it's snowing out?>
              " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

So, Jellybean, what you are saying
                quote:
                and the flakes coming down so hard i could barely see
                is that there are flakes all over the road??

Well, I couldn't agree with you more!

Out
                American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

Some yahoo in a Suburban decided to go flooring past me on 695 about noon today. Yeah, dude. There are no plow trucks out (still haven't been), and it's a smart idea to floor it (I was doing 20mph). Anyway, he wound up spinning out (big surprise), and bouncing off the guardrail. Here's hoping he drives slower next time out in the snow.

Comment

'But officer, it's a 4x4!'

Comment

Brakes don't work any better in an SUV ...

Comment

For SNOW, I want 4-WHEEL DRIVE.....and a DESERTED highway.

[ 12-25-2002, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]

Comment

Gee, He made good speed for awhile but I'd say by the time he got home his average speed would've been maybe 1Mph?
                          And these same ppl can't figure out why they keep getting called 'stupid'.

[ 12-25-2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Oink ]
                          All of god's creatures are entitled to live without fear of "gun violence" except for you and your family. - <a href="http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/selfdefense_quiz.htm" target="_blank">Source</a>

Comment

Well just got home a while ago and had to shovel 20 inches of snow.

There's no where else to put any more so hopefully it won't snow again for a long time!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!!

Comment

C in a J... hope you honked and waved as you drove by.

Roads are great here in Wisconsin.
                              Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3058 users online. 162 members and 2896 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X