Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Was a Bad Girl...

...and i got a ticket

I "drifted" thru a 4-way stop where i was making a right turn, on a route i take almost every day. there were NO cars in sight...i dont know where the officer was. and i ALMOST stopped... i swear. my mind was thinking "stop" but i was so exhausted, my foot didnt want to push the brake all the way down. (I hear groans...) i worked a 12-hour split shift, waiting on crazed, miserable customers mailing their huge packages...no excuse, i know...

i was falling asleep while he was back writing me...i was thinking he'd come up and see me snoozing and make me step out and perform tests! i was ok driving, just very tired from the long day, and having just had dinner it was nap time. i always stop completely at every stop sign, i'm a stickler for it...

he came back up to the car and informed me that one of my license plate lights was out, and he wrote me for that instead, saving me $34 and points on my license. it still will cost me $44. i appreciated it tho...maybe it was because i was in uniform haha

anyhow, i had to tell y'all. hey, if i dont tell a bunch of cops, who am i gonna tell?! and i tried all of that crying/begging/flirting...NOTTTT! you know better! and your names didnt help me either! hehe

<hanging my head and taking the walk of shame>

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Bad, bad jellybean!!

The line forms here

Sounds like you had a long day.

2 more weeks to go..........
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

No need to take the walk of shame, we all have done it or still currently do it. I'm just glad he cut you a break!

Comment

You should be ashamed of yourself!!
        "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

lol ! I'm never bad! lol yea, right! When I was 7 months pregnant, I was stopped for running a stop sign. It WAS my fault but the guy acted like I had robbed a bank. I was going to the dr and feeling just awful cause I was pregnant and had a kidney infection. This was a route I went daily and I failed to notice they made it a 4 way stop. He comes screaming up with his siren and stops me right in front of the Projects so naturally a crowd formed. He made me get out of the car and there I am, almost in tears, with this crowd of people forming, laughing at me. (I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry.) He railed at me and put on a big show. I took my ticket, went to the dr and came home and cried. My husband (who was furious)made me call the station about him but I never heard anything. What a Yahoo he was! Nothing like the nice cops here
          I'm glad it didn't upset me too much because I was having a difficult pregnancy as it was.
          Oh yea, another time, I met a nice cop. This time, I was 9 months pregnant and felt like I was carrying a small hippopotamus. My lights were out and he stopped me but I couldn't get them to work. He asked me to get out of the car so he could look and see why they weren't working...I tried, I really tried! lol He laughed and said, "I'll go to the other side." But, he couldn't get them to turn on either. My husband had to come and get me.....and he got the lights working.....after making comments about his wife and the beach ball. lol

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

Jellybean,

you need a spanking
            "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by txinvestigator1:
              Jellybean,

you need a spanking

i tried to tell the officer that!
              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by JKT:

Sounds like you had a long day.

2 more weeks to go..........
                ((((( Jack ))))) yep, it'll all be over soon! The Monday coming is historically the worst day of the year in the Post Office..we will bring out the big guns (no pun intended ). once we get thru that, hopefully it will be down hill. i got quite a bit of sleep, and i'm feeling much better.

Comment

No one likes to get tickets but we are only human. It's bound to happen sooner or later. We can only drive as carefully as we can and try to follow all the laws. But, we all have moments of fatigue, bad days and inattention. I know I sure do. Especially in my sons car. It's a zippy little Hundai and I have to pay attention to my speedometer. Even so, I've caught myself speeding. If I don't get used to this car soon, I'm bound to get a ticket.

Comment

Jellybean,

Don't feel bad, darlin' you be "human" so you make "human" errors! I can tell you from personal experience (ah, er, uh from a friendspersonal experience I mean) that you can do a roll through, but honestly BELIEVE that you came to a full stop.

Ok, now where does that spanking line form???
                    6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
                      we all have moments of fatigue, bad days and inattention. I know I sure do.
                      Thanks Mitzi, yes we do. i just hate giving my money away, also!

And to Don:
                      I will be in touch, Sir. Give me a few days to recover from the others first

Comment

6P1 (retired)

Comment

Bean I am from NJ also...I was never a big ticket writer..and also never believed in hurting working people....For every one of you that you can give a warning too..there are ten more scumbags driving revoked..and with no insurance that you can go nail..who really deserves a ticket....NJ is too tough with insurance surcharges and court fines for BS tickets.....Its all about money...Its making the state richer...Thats why I dont write tickets that much..except to scumbags..which obviously you are not

Comment

Originally posted by EPD209:
                            Bean I am from NJ also...I was never a big ticket writer...NJ is too tough with insurance surcharges and court fines for BS tickets.....Its all about money...Its making the state richer...Thats why I dont write tickets that much..except to scumbags..which obviously you are not
                            Jersey is so expensive for auto insurance AND surcharges and fines. i have not had a speeding ticket for about 6 years, so my insurance finally dropped a little...plus my vehicle is a '92. i do appreciate that he did not write me a ticket that involved points, believe me. i just hate the fine, because i know its like throwing money away. i been by there everyday since then and believe ME i stop.

you are from north joisey huh? i live in the farmlands. i go visit a friend in Rockaway Twp every now and then. it's like a different world up there lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5938 users online. 334 members and 5604 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X