300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Touching Story Part 2....

After the post was made with the story, there were quite a few responses from officers on the site saying how true it is. Then some ignorant moron posted the following:

(Quote)"If only one part of that was true maybe we would'nt call cops PIGS,although I was laughing reading that,wondering how PIGS could actually expect the average citizen to believe any of it!"

This guy then went on and posted the following:

(quote)"as I remember we were talking about cops,not firemen or EMS,whom I do have respect for,MORON.You throw people in jail for being criminals and extortionists when the real criminals and extortionists wear badges and carry guns and go around trying to preach how good they are;maybe if they would quit trying to play God and remember they are no better than anyone else people would have a little more respect for them,as for me I have none,and I doubt any smart a%* remarks are going to change my mind."

He continued to go on and on about how cops are all corrupt and are extorsionists and so on.... This guy needs an attitude adjustment! How many of you have ever ran into this before?
    Matt

quote:
    Originally posted by Alpha07:
    After the post was made with the story, there were quite a few responses from officers on the site saying how true it is. Then some ignorant moron posted the following:

(Quote)"If only one part of that was true maybe we would'nt call cops PIGS,although I was laughing reading that,wondering how PIGS could actually expect the average citizen to believe any of it!"

This guy then went on and posted the following:

(quote)"as I remember we were talking about cops,not firemen or EMS,whom I do have respect for,MORON.You throw people in jail for being criminals and extortionists when the real criminals and extortionists wear badges and carry guns and go around trying to preach how good they are;maybe if they would quit trying to play God and remember they are no better than anyone else people would have a little more respect for them,as for me I have none,and I doubt any smart a%* remarks are going to change my mind."

He continued to go on and on about how cops are all corrupt and are extorsionists and so on.... This guy needs an attitude adjustment! How many of you have ever ran into this before?

Just about every time I take someone to jail.
    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Boy is that the truth!
      Matt

Comment

You can't change a mindset. He's just mad because, at some point in his life, he's probably been arretsed and it trying to justify his actions. Don't argue with this moron. He will just be glad he upset you.

Comment

Hey Mitzi,

Actually I have gotten used to the comments. As far as I'm concerned I enjoy what I do because I'm doing what I enjoy. There's no use trying to change their views and fighting with people like that just lowers you to their level.
          Matt

Comment

The following was taken from snopes.com

Origins: Whether or not this essay was actually written by a policeman (or accurately reflects the public image of the cop on the beat), the glurgirific coda has been made up for added poignancy. According to both the Virginia State Police and the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial office, there is no record of a Mitchell Brown having served with the Virginia State Police, much less having been killed in the line of duty.

In December 1999, Bill Johnson of the Denver Rocky Mountain News ran the piece in his column, attributing it to Trooper Mitchell Brown of the Virginia State Police. He printed a retraction a couple of days later when it turned out there was no such officer with that law enforcement agency. Mr. Johnson had received the piece from a police friend of his who in turn had gotten it in e-mail. Mr. Johnson didn't originate "Lousy Cop" but was responsible for disseminating it to an even larger audience.

One of our readers mentions seeing this piece in his U.S. Air Force base's newsletter in the mid-1990s.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info. Still a good article nonetheless
              Matt

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3187 users online. 156 members and 3031 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X