300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is so disappointing

Both my children are in a private Catholic school. We pay $410/month for them to attend. We've gotten close to the families and the priest. At least we think so. This school started from a few families sitting around a table discussing it. They made it happen.

Back then, it was a different priest. But as life goes on and things change, we must learn to accept that change. Everyone complains how this priest is not like the old one. He's just a completely different person/personality, as he has every right to be. People just can't accept it and it's sad.

A lot of changes are going to be happening at our school. For starters, this priest has gotten the ball rolling to build a new school. A larger one that can accommodate more children. The problem is, he's also changing the administration around and he's fired the principal and hired a new one. He doesn't HAVE to, and he didn't....but he never heard any of the parents' points of view. He's doing everything by himself, changing everything around and calling all the shots. Which is has a right to, but now he's in over his head.

You see, our priest is an ex-military man. He was a "lifer". The best way to get things done is to go from point A to point B, select the persons best for the job and just DO IT. Nobody but us seems to understand the type of person that he is. A few years ago, when he was new and the old priest left, people were petitioning to run the man out of town. They made false accusations that he was using school money to buy his 4X4 nice truck. Not so. The man gets a good pension, is single and has very little expenses. These people are viscious, I'm telling ya. They DO NOT like change AT ALL.

I sat through a meeting last night where the parents were just BOMBARDING the new principal. Practically telling him to shut up and sit down. It was sad. What's even sadder is that some were calling the Father a hypocrite and a liar. A PRIEST? I almost cried, I felt so bad. Some got up and left, some resigned their positions, some have already pulled their children out of the school. Kids are being torn from their best friends, all because parents couldn't handle change. I've never seen such childish, cold hearted behavior from a group of adults before. It saddens me. The whole school woke up grieving this morning for what went on last night. Parents are now threatening to pull their kids out so that the school will be shut down and the new school that Father has worked so hard to build will open without any children in it. I guess I'm the only parent who doesn't agree with the rest of them. I give people a chance, that's just the way that I am. I think I was the only family who didn't sign a petition to oust the priest.

People are spending more time bickering, that the whole reason the school exists has been lost. OUR CHILDREN and their Christian education. That room last night didn't look like it had more than a few Christians in it by the way they acted. Truly a shame!!

Thanks for letting me vent. [Frown]

[ 03-18-2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Do they have any REAL issues that they are upset with? Or are they just upset because they weren't consulted about the changes being made?

Rest assured that your situation is not unique. Practically every church we've been to has had major splits over things like this and less. I've been to many city council meetings that sound the same way. Everybody wants to be the boss it seems. I don't know what the answer is, but I am very happy homeschooling my children and not having to deal with this kind of thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3121 users online. 156 members and 2965 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X