300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Found Respect For Geraldo Rivera

At last there is finally someone in the mainstream media who still has some guts. As we all know our favorite talk show host, Geraldo Rivera, has trekked out into Afghanistan to cover the war. He has decided to bring some firepower with him. He has admitted to bringing a gun for his own personal use, not just for his bodyguards. I never thought I'd see the day.

This has created a great deal of controversy in the media. It's like the rest of those leechs can't comprehend the need for a gun in a place like Afghanistan. "Gun? Using a guun for self-defense? That's impossible! Why the Army should protect journalists. Blah, blah, blah"

Here's a story from the Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2001Dec12.html
    Don't Fight Fair!
    Fight To Win!

Dittos: He's finally moved up a little higher than whale poop

Comment

Right. Like I'm so sure those Afghan fighters who killed the 8 journalists really respect the Geneva Convention. They imprison people for spreading Christianity for pete's sake.
      No partner is worth your tears -
      the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

WHY do people pay ANY attention to Peter Arnett anymore.....considering the FACT he manufactured a totally BOGUS claim that the US military used chemical weapons against its OWN personnel in Vietnam.....
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

First off, only an idiot would go to a war zone and not carry a gun. Secondly, I don't see how this supposed provision of the Geneva Convention applies to a reporter. Afghanistan was not a signator to the Geneva Convention, and Rivera is a private citizen, not a member of the military.

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: vbrenner ]
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

NOTHING could EVER make me respect Geraldo Rivera!

Comment

I am just sitting here trying to figure out what Geraldo did to poor Mitzi
              "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

I hold Geraldo in the same high esteem as I hold Jane Fonda. All I can say is two well placed bullets.

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Exactly, Klar. What has Geraldo done to earn respect? He can talk a big game, but in the end, he is just another sensationalist, tabloid journalist, bunched with the likes of Jerry Springer and Ricki (as big as a)Lake.

Comment

Could someone please explain to those of us that are woefully uninformed what is wrong with Geraldo?

Okay, just read the post above mine. Under that criteria I can see it. I was just wondering if there was something more to it or not

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: goodgirl ]
                    "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Sorry, I'm with Mitzi and Klar on this one....... this does nothing for me. It's just Geraldo posturing and trying to give himself a tough guy image.

Comment

Geraldo needs a gun, but doesn't think anyone else does.

As far as those reports of shots whistling past his head just barely missing him, C'mon Geraldo. You don't really think it was intentional do you?

Comment

"As far as those reports of shots whistling past his head just barely missing him, C'mon Geraldo. You don't really think it was intentional do you?"

Probably from people who sat through the opening of Al Capones vault

Comment

lmao!

Comment

What does everyone think Geraldo is packing? What would you carry in his situation?

My guess is he has some sort of semi-auto in .25. I would probably take my trusty Remington 870 with the deer barrel on it.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: grum ]
                              Graeme

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3359 users online. 159 members and 3200 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X