Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten reasons why officers are different.

I found this on The Heavy Badge, which was originally posted by G***a. I thought this article was an interesting read, and thought some of you might like to read it, especially the civilians, and those interested in a career in law enforcement. Yall read it and tell me what you think.

Very well said and very very accurate.
    In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

This article left me feeling very sad. It sets goals and standards which are impossible to live up to. I can understand why they occasionally go a little wacko.

From childhood I have always been interested in law enforcement and felt nothing but admiration and respect for the officers. I'm not sure why this attitude developed. I had no relatives involved and don't recall ever discussing it with my parents. I grew up on a farm where crime was rare and never violent. Everything was much more simple in those days. My views were probably influenced to some extent by radio programs like Gang Busters and Mr. District Attorney which I listened to faithfully. (This was before television.) My views haven't changed as I get older. I never taught my children to hate or fear the police, and I am sure my grandchildren are not being taught that nonsense either.

May God protect you all.

Comment

After reading the article (even the one for corrections) it is kinda scary to know that this is what I may be getting myself into..is it really like that..so much negativity?? How do you guys handle this type of stress or family situations??

Do you find yourselves having no time with your children or spouses? Is it an outside activity like working out or something like that relieves this type of stress? I know many officers and they love their jobs and you would not think for once that this type of lifestyle would be taking place...

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo2:
          After reading the article (even the one for corrections) it is kinda scary to know that this is what I may be getting myself into..is it really like that..so much negativity?? How do you guys handle this type of stress or family situations??

Do you find yourselves having no time with your children or spouses? Is it an outside activity like working out or something like that relieves this type of stress? I know many officers and they love their jobs and you would not think for once that this type of lifestyle would be taking place...

I've heard that after you become a leo, sometimes you have to get new friends.

I don't see why they do it either. Sure a desire to help people is great, but after a while of taking crap, I think I would quit. Of course I never could have become one anyway because I can't talk normally, so it's all speculation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4499 users online. 316 members and 4183 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X