300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you?

Wear a uniform that had 7 holes in it? Holes on the top and bottom of your sleeve's patches?

I'll tell you why I asked this question later!

[ 03-15-2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Uhm..NO.
    Basher One
    Semper Fi/Stay Safe

Comment

I think 7 holes is excessive...but I bet you knew we'd say that anyways, didn't you?

Come on, 'fess up. What's the story?

BTW, I do have one uniform shirt I wear with a small hole in it. I was using my knife to cut some threads off my pocket and I accidentally put the knife point through my shirt near my left armpit. My wife put a couple of stitches in it and it's hardly noticeable. Normally, I'd replace it, but I've only got another month or so of wearing the long-sleeved shirt and then it's back to the pristine short-sleeved one. I'll replace it before next fall.
      Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

My husband could be getting "investigated" because he chose to wear the "wrong" uniform to work one night. It was a regulation uniform that was regulated for something other than traffic enforcement. But, he made the decision to wear it based on what he thought was more important. A uniform that was squared away, not full of holes.

In the academy they taught him to wear a uniform that is "squared away". Looking like a slob and not caring to shine your boots, polish your brass, shave or put on deoderant is just not acceptable. It could possibly make one come across as a sloppy police officer to a criminal, that could easily be taken advantage of.

Years of being in the military, my husband is a perfectionist. He was trained that way. It's the way he is. I swear, he'd put a level against his name tag to make sure it was straight. Now, he could be in trouble over something WE think is completely unnecessary and STUPID. There are much bigger fish to fry than this!

He wore his BDU uniform ONCE because his other uniform had 7 holes in it and the others were int the dry cleaners. The patches have no material holding them on the top and bottom of the sleeve. He's asked for new uniforms over and over again. He finally got a new pair of pants that are his, that nobody has ever worn before. After 4 years and looking like a flood is going to come any day now, they couldn't have come at a better time!

Personally, BDU's look better than holey shirts. But, that's our opinion. You may not agree. They think he wore it to look like a tough guy. Come'on! And here I thought people involved in fraternization and breaking the laws that they were sworn to uphold end up before internal affairs. If this goes anywhere, they'll sure miss one great, hardworking, reliable, honest, decent state trooper....when we're living in Florida.

This state is #(#&@^ up! I told my husband to put a hole in the crotch of his pants and let it all hang out. Hey...so long as he's wearing the correct uniform right??

[ 03-15-2003, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
        "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

I've had to be the "resident jack***" in reply to other posts, so I think I need to do it here....(sorry if this offends anyone)...

We wear uniforms for a reason. Your husband should've been able to plan ahead and wear the appropriate uniform for his assignment that day. If it was totally not feasible to do this, such as being ordered in or whatever, he should've consulted with the on duty/on call supervisor to gain approval that whatever uniform he had on hand would be appropriate to wear due to the circumstances. If he didn't have the forethought to do this, he needs to be prepared to take his lumps with the punishment.
          Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I guess this is a time you CAN'T use the phrase Its not the uniform that makes the man, its the man that makes the uniform .... otherwise they would say..... "my point exactly.... now take your needle and thread and go make that uniform!"

[ 03-17-2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Comment

Nothing may even come of it. Who knows.

Comment

LOL Wonderwoman....

I hope nothing comes of it, Tprs. they should have taken care of his uniform needs before it got so bad. the cleaner's used to sew my ex-'s, but seven holes is a little much!!

[ 03-17-2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Sounds like someone needs some more / new uniforms. I wouldn't wear a shirt with 7 holes in it. That just sounds like it would look like garbage.
                  Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

The story of how this might become an issue actually goes deeper, but I won't go into it because I wouldn't want to get my husband in trouble. God knows who reads this board. I just wanted to get your opinions, and thanks.

[ 03-17-2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]

Comment

I'll say it again - my Force can be fairly anal about how we wear our uniform at times, but at least they issue us a fair initial number of shirts, pants and other gear, and are actually quick with shipments of replacement kit and clothing.

If trpsrspouse's spouse's Agency is lax on issuing kit and clothing and/or replacing same on a "fair wear and tear" basis, then what is a lowly uniform man to do?
                      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                      "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6115 users online. 365 members and 5750 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X