300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im bored... lets talk music

Im bored and so I turn to Officer.com If you had to pick out 2 or 3 of your favorite songs, what would they be? I want to download some new music. Also, what would your favorite song be in these situations?

Running Code 3 to a call:

At home after work relaxing on the couch:

At a party:

Add your different situations if you want! Right now, Im listening to Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb Ok... Im waiting!!!
    Stay Safe Everyone!

Matthew Frank
    Owner, Code3 Response
    www.code3response.com

-The Ride of the Valkyries for the first.

-Fine slow ballads by Etta James, Solomon Burke, Patsy Cline, Roy Orbison, and others, mixed in with some Charles Brown blues for the second.

-Reggae: Wailing Souls, Maxi Priest, Toots and the Maytalls.

Comment

Code three...

Anything by Metallica or Inna-gadda-da-vida.

Chillin'...

Usually some Buffett, Eagles(especially Hell Freezes Over) or just about anything else. For doing normal day to day things around the house, I'll listen to anything at all.

At a party...

Depends on the mood. It could range from comedy to David Alan Coe.

Comment

'Get Over It' by The Eagles
        'Silent Running' by Mike and the Mechanics
        'Don't Fear the Reaper' by Blue Oyster Cult

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

En Route to an emergency, The Clash - "I fought the law".

At home on the couch, Pink Floyd - "High Hopes" from the Division Bell album.

At a party, anything pop.

Mac
          Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Running Code 3 to a call: Hhhhhmmm since I'm not an officer yet, but I know what a code 3 is, I'd say anything that is by Rob Zombie, Tool or Rage Against the Machine.

At home after work relaxing on the couch: LOL...the other end of the spectrum, Lorenna McKinnet, Soundtrack to Mists of Avalon, anything of a celtic nature.

At a party: Depends on my mood!

Cheers and Tunes,
            Piper
            (12-12-01 I did like Rage, but have seen the error of my ways...)

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Piper ]

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Piper ]

Comment

Not a cop yet but, in emergency - well, I am listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan right now and I'm thinking "Couldn't Stand the Weather" would be more than adequate...

Hanging out - "Madame Joy" by Van Morrison (Philosophers Stone album)

Party - Some cheesey stuff... umm SHAGGY!
              Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by slolightbar:
                Running Code 3 to a call:
                Metallica "Whiskey In the Jar"
                (Really anything by Metallica)

At home after work relaxing on the couch:
                Gene Watson "Love in the hot afternoon"

At a party:
                Puddle of Mud "Control"
                "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

Running Code 3: Linkin' Park - "One Step Closer" or "In The End"

Hanging Out - Anything Billy Joel

At A Party - Something upbeat, but not hip hop. and none of that jungle rave music stuff.

Comment

Piper,

Your post gave me pause for thought. I heard "Rage Against the Machine" for the first time a few years back. I thought they were OK, revolutionary rhetoric and all. I've grown to dislike them. Not because of their music, I just can't handle their politics . It's soured their sound for me.

I have mixed emotions about feeling that way. Many people hated the music I liked when I was younger. They seemed to dislike it for the wrong reasons.....political reasons sometimes. I resented them for it. Now, in some respects, I'm doing the same.

Boycotts sanctioned by police unions are common in my area. The lists of police detractors include many people and things I like (If you check the link, you'll find Rage... and many other notables). Personally, I don't like enemies lists. In a way, they seem kind of paranoid. Nonetheless, I'm affected by them. I really miss Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

I can't help but wonder if you'll feel the same after becoming a LEO.

Sorry to go OT on your thread, slo, but when I get this urge to wax philosophical, I can't control myself. I'd never do it just before lunch or at the end of class, though.

Comment

Piper,
                      rage against the machine, are avid supporters of cop murderer, mumia abu jamal.
                      MadMax

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: MadMax ]

Comment

Honestly, before I came to this post I never heard of Danny Faulkner. But now that my eyes are opened, I am going to have to go through my CD case and get a few more coffee coasters (or frisbee's for my dog... hehehe)

Even before I started thinking about LEO as a carrer choice, I couldn't stand the S#it heads out there who advocate anger towards the police, let alone murder one!
                        Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned what I thought was your all-time favorite, the theme song from Cops--Bad boys, bad boys, what'cha gonna do . . .

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned what I thought was your all-time favorite, the theme song from Cops--Bad boys, bad boys, what'cha gonna do . . .
                            I found that on the Cingular web site and dowloaded it as a ring on my work phone.

Rave/techno is also excellent to drive code 3 to, as well.

Forgot all about Pink Floyd and classical(specially Mozart's Requiem)for relaxation.

Comment

Code 3: Another One Bites The Dust; Queen

Everything else: There's a Pink Floyd song for all occassions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6057 users online. 344 members and 5713 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X