300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just who is responsible these days?

This may have been posted here before, but for those that haven't seen it, this is for you...

If you burn your thighs on hot coffee that
    you are holding in your lap while driving,
    you blame the restaurant.

If your teen-age son kills himself,
    you blame the rock 'n' roll musician he liked.

If you smoke three packs a day for 40 years and die of lung cancer your family blames the tobacco company.

If your daughter gets pregnant by the football captain you blame the school for poor sex education.

If your neighbor crashes into a tree while driving home drunk you blame the bartender.

If your cousin gets AIDS because the needle he used to shoot heroin was dirty, you blame the government for not providing clean ones.

If your grandchildren are brats without manners, you blame television.

If your friend is shot by a deranged madman,
    you blame the gun manufacturer.

And if you point a gun at a cop and get shot, you blame the cop.

----- Ah, America, land of the free and home of the blame.

------------------
    Without the support of our fellow officers, sometimes we have no support at all.
    Attitude is a reflection of leadership.

If you send an aircraft to spy on China and it collides with a another aircraft intercepting the spy-plane, you blame the Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by Rule.303:
      If you send an aircraft to spy on China and it collides with a another aircraft intercepting the spy-plane, you blame the Chinese.
      Aircraft flying in international airspace are surveilance planes, not spy planes.

Comment

Originally posted by mac90:
        Aircraft flying in international airspace are surveilance planes, not spy planes.
        Ok, so they were surveveiling China

Also China claims it was inside their airspace

Comment

Rule, first of all both governments have issued statements on this incident, very conflicting statements. The Chinese claim the American EP-3 spy plane was in their air space, my country claims the aircraft was flying over international waters.

With that being the case why would you post the comment "If you send an aircraft to spy on China and it collides with a another aircraft intercepting the spy-plane, you blame the Chinese."

Since you were not involved in the incident, how is it that you are blessed with the knowledge of what actually happend, that would enable you to accurately place blame on the United States!

------------------
          I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
          Winston Churchill

[This message has been edited by SpecOpsWarrior (edited 05-11-2001).]

Comment

Sometimes you guys just kill me.

[This message has been edited by Buddingnovelist (edited 05-11-2001).]

Comment

Cajun, you make a great point. I have to say Rule you are following the lead of the former liar in chief Klinton. When you can't address an issue, you change the subject. Personal responsibility is a huge problem in our society and we see the by rules example how serious liberals take it.

Comment

Glad we could be of service Chris.

------------------
                I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
                Winston Churchill

Comment

Whoa!!!!! Touchy! Touchy!

That SpecOps "Warrior?" bloke and a couple of others highlight the difference in news reporting in different countries.

Rule was merely observing that our news reports gave both sides of the story. Our papers reported that, "Yes" the US did say the plane was in international airspace and the Chinese did say the plane was in Chinese airspace. Who's to say whose propoganda spin doctors are telling the truth?

As we downunder got both sides of the story, why shouldn't we believe the Chinese? My understanding is that China lays claim to that particular area of the ocean and upwards into the airspace. Therefore, until someone proves differently - it is theirs!

It wouldn't be the first time that US military planes have overflown other countries without permission, would it now?

Comment

The reason our military flies these missions has to do with there responsibility to protect its citizens. That is one of the real things they are supposed to do under the constitution. Observing China might prevent another Pearl Harbor. As far as who I believe, if you folks down under believe the Chicoms over the U.S. I got some Ocean Front property in Florida I can get you real cheap too! Here is an example of what a wonderful country China is.
                    BEIJING (AP) . China has executed four businessmen
                    for tax fraud in the midst of a nationwide anti-crime
                    crackdown, state newspapers reported Saturday.

Hundreds of people have been executed for drug
                    trafficking, robbery and other crimes in recent weeks in
                    an intensification of the 5-year-old ``Strike Hard''
                    anti-crime campaign.

Huang Zhenchi, Lin Sucun, Huang Wenlong and He Tao
                    were convicted of falsifying tax receipts totaling more
                    than $9.5 million, the Communist Party newspaper People's
                    Daily and other newspapers reported....
                    http://www.nypost.com/apstories/V1614.htm

[This message has been edited by RT (edited 05-12-2001).]

Comment

Australia was involved in the incident.
                      An Australian Professor was appointed by the U.N. to negotiate the release of the flight crew. What happened 2 days later? They were released. I quoted the guys name in another string.

Excuse me... Where did I change the subject? One person says "international airspace" I reply with say that is not what China and much of the European media reports said.

As me mate copitsweet said...I was only reporting on an observation made by other reports.

Do I have a sign on my forehead that says "Argue with me". I think not. Please don't be so defensive. Crikey! I'm married to one of you mob, lived in your country, ate your food, slept in your beds, visited your parks and spent MY money in YOUR country which was MY choice.

------------------
                      Damn!!!., Computer says "hit any key", but I can't find the "Any Key". Where is the "Any Key"????

Comment

I think you were making your OWN observation, Rule. Your comment certainly didn't seem unbiased to me. It reeked of sarcasm. So, when you make a comment like that, you put a sign on your forhead that says, "Argue with me".

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 05-12-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
                          I think you were making your OWN observation, Rule. Your comment certainly didn't seem unbiased to me.
                          Sorry, but you are mistaken.
                          This perhaps demonstrates how aussies are oft misunderstood by some US citizens.

------------------
                          Damn!!!., Computer says "hit any key", but I can't find the "Any Key". Where is the "Any Key"????

Comment

Sorry copitsweet, media all over the world, including the US, did provide information from both of the sides. However, I feel it is preemptive and useless to try to make a determination before all the facts are known. Second of all, China themselves are the only nation that agrees with their own interpretation of what they consider "China's airspace." The rest of the U.N. and other countries abide by the world standard maintaining the the US EP-3 was in international airspace. So it seems they should prove the US was actually in China airspace.

As far as the comment about its not the first time US planes have flown over other countries without permission, I'm not sure what to make of that. I do not take offense. I was raised in the military and married into it as well. All countries who are able to do so, do fly over areas whether for surveillance or other purposes. Perhaps there is greater attention drawn to the US because we seem to be expected to be the worlds peace keeping forces. And then criticized when something goes wrong. I'd be thrilled to keep our forces home. Again, no offense is meant, just an honest sharing of opinions.

------------------
                            "The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."
                            "The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."

Comment

"Whoa!!!!! Touchy! Touchy!"

Copitsweet I'm not touchy, I was merely addressing Rule's post placing blame on the United States for the mid-air collision involving an American EP-3 Aries II aircraft, and a Chinese F8 fighter.

"Rule was merely observing that our news reports gave both sides of the story"

Rule did not make any observations about any news articles, Rule stated "If you send an aircraft to spy on China and it collides with a another aircraft intercepting the spy-plane, you blame the Chinese." and
                              Ok, so they were surveveiling China Also China claims it was inside their airspace"

Nowhere in those two statements does Rule cite any news articles to justify his statemnets, his statements are personal opinions that are biased in favor of the Chinese. I felt it necesary to offer a different point of view.

"As we downunder got both sides of the story, why shouldn't we believe the Chinese? My understanding is that China lays claim to that particular area of the ocean and upwards into the airspace. Therefore, until someone proves differently - it is theirs!

Believe the Chinese if you wish, but be aware that the Chinese govt, controls the media in China, the media in China is not free to report the truth, it is only allowed to print what the govt. sees fit to print.

International airspace is recognized as begining twelve miles from a country's shoreline, not the 100 miles China claims as their airspace. According to your theory China can lay claim to whatever it wishes and it is theirs until proven otherwise.

"It wouldn't be the first time that US military planes have overflown other countries without permission, would it now?

If you will be more specific, I will gladly respond to that statement.

------------------
                              Winston Churchill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3374 users online. 191 members and 3183 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X