300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Wave my ***

I saw in the national news that all across the country places were having record highs over the last few days.

On Monday it started snowing. By Tuesday morning we had 16 inches on the ground. The weight of the snow on all of the newly leaved trees made many of them fall. We lost power all over from the trees taking out power lines.

Last week I was wearing shorts. Now I'm wearing my longjohns again.

I hate winter.

DAng it all to heck send some of that snow my way I hate this heat they are talking close to 90 again tomorrow. IF this is spring I am fearing what summer is going to be like LOL

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

*calls sears for central air*
      Mother is the name for God on the lips and in the hearts of all children.

Comment

EWWWWWWW!!!! not sears they do a **** poor job in my book at least.

Klar
        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

*grabs the phone book right quick and shops for a central air person*

I HATE the heat! makes me cranky, and we are getting married June 1st? watch it be 100 degrees out, I'll be a cranky sweaty bride babe lol...and we are camping??? goodness gracious

Comment

LOL now how did I figure that you would take that as permission to check into getting central air. LOL I think central air will be a waste of time in that old house until I can get more real windows into the place. I am not even sure it would be worth it then LOL

Klar

Comment

dang, was hoping we could lol
              maybe we can visit your parents alot more?! lol like everyday ALL day and ALL night ALL summer? lol *just an idea*

Comment

LOL But I thought you did not want to live in indianola LOL

Klar

Comment

Originally posted by sandie:
                  *grabs the phone book right quick and shops for a central air person*

I'll be a cranky sweaty bride babe lol...and we are camping??? goodness gracious
                  Look in the phonebook under MOTORHOMES. central air on wheels..
                  " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

LOL I am already considered a hick if I am seen driving around in motor home I might as well git myself a cowboy hat and be a real hick....wait I do have a cowboy hat. Welll dern it all to heck I am a hick What is the number to HA?

Klar

Comment

The motor home idea isn't too bad. I've got my travel trailer parked out here next to the house. When it gets too hot in the house (a company house so I CAN'T put AC in it) I just go out, fire up the AC in the trailer and take a nap!

Ah, the joys of retirement.
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by klar:
                        I think central air will be a waste of time in that old house until I can get more real windows into the place.
                        Klar
                        So use a heavy plastic over the windows. That's what we used to do in the winter out in eastern Colorado. It worked to keep the cold out, it should work to keep the cool IN!

And if it looks like a hick is living there - just wear your hat!

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Don ]
                        6P1 (retired)

Comment

LOL I have plastic on most of the windows now LOL I even have straw pilled up on the north side of the house to keep the pipes warm LOL Now tell me that does not look like a hick house LOL

Klar

Comment

Well, just throw a little more tar paper up on it. It'll be ok!
                            6P1 (retired)

Comment

LOL

Klar

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4478 users online. 231 members and 4247 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X