Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than leathal ?

Have a look at
    www.news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/audiovideo/programmes/panorama/newsid_1698000/1698165.stm

What are your thoughts on the subject. The Police in the UK are getting panned for not having "less than leathal" weapons instead of fire arms.

Is this justified ? I think not but try telling the media.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Bad link.

try
    www.bbc.co.uk/panorama

and look at the articles on Police firearms.

Cheers

Comment

The correct terminology here is now "less lethal" instead of "less than lethal."

A subtle change, but as subtle as it is, it changes the whole meaning of it. Some people have died from it's use.

"Less Lethal" is far and away a better term.
      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Less Lethal is not a substitute or replacement for firearms!!! We currently deploy beanbags, pepperball, and Taser and per policy and training no less lethal are to be deployed without lethal cover available.
        My opinion on the terminology. It seems to change with the wind. Less Lethal, Less than Lethal etc... I usually refer to them by the name of the system.

Comment

I think the term "less lethal" is ridiculous. It is either lethal, or it isn't. It can't be less lethal.

Comment

It means it doesn't kill you as much.

Comment

I think the problem here is that people see these "less lethal" weapons as an alternative to firearms.

I don't agree. When firearms are deployed in the UK it's normally to face a specific firearms threat. Otherwise a PSU or similiar unit is deployed.

Mac

Comment

My agency is ditto on Trafficdogs's

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5678 users online. 356 members and 5322 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X