Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixie Chicks Statement/Backpeddaling

http://dixiechicks.launch.yahoo.com/

From the Dixie Chicks with respect to statements being reported in the British media
    3/12/2003

From the Dixie Chicks

"We've been overseas for several weeks and have been reading and following the news accounts of our governments' position. The anti-American sentiment that has unfolded here is astounding. While we support our troops, there is nothing more frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq and the prospect of all the innocent lives that will be lost."

Maines further stated, "I feel the President is ignoring the opinions of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world. My comments were made in frustration and one of the privileges of being an American is you are free to voice your own point of view."

Statement from Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks
    March 14, 2003

"As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I feel that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect. We are currently in Europe and witnessing a huge anti-American sentiment as a result of the perceived rush to war. While war may remain a viable option, as a mother, I just want to see every possible alternative exhausted before children and American soldiers' lives are lost. I love my country. I am a proud American."
    Do your best, do what is right

Too late...this household has already put their music in the garbage.

Comment

And I plan on hitting them where it'll hurt...

I'm cutting them OFF!

No more "Dave Candy" for them!

Seriously...I'm a big fan, but I'm reconsidering my music tastes. Also, not having seen all the related links, I don't know if it's all of them, or just Natalie "Horse Legs" Maines.
      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Didn't Natalie star as [Eek!] the Bride of Chucky?
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I think all that bleach has finally gotten to her brain.

Comment

It amazes me what some of these cheese-brained *stars* say, thinking they have the intellectual capacity to second guess Bush. I'm still waiting for Alec *big-mouth* Baldwin to leave the country like he said he was going to if Bush was elected.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by SGT Dave:
              I'm cutting them OFF!
              No more "Dave Candy" for them!

Gee Dave, what reason will they have to live and make amends?

quote:
              Also, not having seen all the related links, I don't know if it's all of them, or just Natalie "Horse Legs" Maines.
              Didn't they make a stink about Toby Keith's song being improper before the controversy with Peter Jennings? Do we have a trend starting?

They are entitled to whatever opinion they want, but when they use their celebrity platform to spout off at the mouth, they need to expect reprocussions effecting their popularity from those who disagree with them.

Comment

"Just so ya'll know..... I am ashamed that the Dixie Chicks are from Texas." All the C&W stations here in Houston have stopped playing their music. I hope the whole country follows suit!!!!!!!
                Better to be Judged by 12....then Carried by 6!!!

A 9mm MAY expand, but a .45 will NEVER shrink!

Comment

It always amazes me when music/movie/tv/sport industry types speak out on socio/political issues.

They are so far out of touch with middle America and reality.

However, I am sure the Dixie Chicks did study the issues quite a bit while on tour, so they are probably in the know.
                  Do your best, do what is right

Comment

No 'celebrities' said they were ashamed that President Clinton was from Arkansas when he sent a barrage of Tomahawk missles into Baghdad.

Of course they have the right to say whatever they want but if Clinton was the one in Bush's shoes now the celebrity silence would be deafening.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by BRICKCOP:
                      but if Clinton was the one in Bush's shoes now the celebrity silence would be deafening.

This statement by Brickcop can be proved true. We only need to wait for the next Democrat to be elected president. When that happens, and similar events face America, there will be no complaints.

The folks who are sincere in their anti-war beliefs will be left stranded. While those who have actually been the energy behind the current protests (which to them are protests against America, not a war), will be at home working on their next political operations.

But at its base, for the leftist, it's not anything to do with saving the peoples lives, it's just another method to disrupt and disconnect political parties.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Is it really that shocking? I think if you click on the big "Boycott Ben & Jerrys" link you'll find the Dixie Chicks mentioned as one of the Mummia supporters.

It's always the same list of "usual suspects" not like it's a big surprise anymore.

Comment

They always apologize when it hurts in the wallet region...Remember Jane Fonda's apology to the Vietnam Vets? Too little and too late when they have already shown their true colors.
                          Basher One
                          Semper Fi/Stay Safe

Comment

I don't know if this site has previously been mentioned in this forum, but check out;

www.hollywoodhalfwits.com

for an updated list of anti-American celebrity trash.

Comment

It doesn't bother me what these cry baby stars preach. They are just a handful of people. A minute percentage of the total US population. It's because they are stars that they THINK that people will listen to them and jump on their bandwagons. I wish they'd wake up and face reality. They are not God and real people don't give a crap what their opinions are on ANYTHING!!

Do you know that there are 10x as many CONSERVATIVE celebrities out there? They just don't openly voice their opinions for their career's sake. And hey....it's smart and smart people keep their mouths shut and are of few words. The libs cry, whine, make scenes, and end up on Hollywood squares because their careers are dead.

[ 03-15-2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
                              "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2283 users online. 122 members and 2161 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X