Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer.com Weight Loss Program

Get this...

I have basically cut out all sodas from my diet (See Pepsi Vs. Coke thread). I started doing 50+ push ups a day (working my way up, I know 50 is nothing) because someone posted about "doing push ups and sit ups between commerical breaks". I have also gotten on a diet where I cut way back on fat (numerous postings on this site about foods). I think I've lost about 10 lbs., and gotten a lot more strength. I guess in some strange way... this is an Officer.com diet. I'll be the poster boy. Sgt. Dave can translate it into spanish. Skip Slimfast, forget Richard Simmons and we could easily take out Subway's Jared. Who's down to diet?

Godside are you telling me that my postings of food have actually made you lose weight? If that is the case I am very proud of my little food for thought thread. I know a lot of the foods I do cook are good for you and will permote healthy eating but to have someone lose weight is even better LOL

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Godside:
      Get this...

I have basically cut out all sodas from my diet (See Pepsi Vs. Coke thread).
      *LOL* I'm glad that I have done something positive on this forum! I'm trying hard to cut out soda as well *stares at Evian bottle on her desk with disgust*.

Comment

I found out a few months ago that my body is insulin resistant (a precursor to diabetes) so I have tried to cut out caffeine, and sodas in general. I'll splurge every now and then and have a caffeine free diet coke but I drink juices and water more now.

You wouldn't believe how much weight you lose when you do the simple act of cutting out sodas from your diet.
        No partner is worth your tears -
        the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Oh Good Grief Raychel, you take care of yourself with this! NOBODY needs diabetes! I did NOT know that it was affected by caffeine.

I seldom drink any soda pop, but my coffee consumption could float a battleship.
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

I'm with you! I've begun biking the almost 30 mile round trip to work, and as soon as my current 2 liter of Mug is gone, no more soda for me. It's killing me with calories. I'm also trying to eat less fat and more "healthy" protein (as in, a Big Mac has protein, but it also has gross stuff).

In fact, I've even...gulp...begun eating salads when I go out. It's tough, but I am overweight and I am tired of it. I used to be really, really healthy. I told my coworkers that they were witness to a miracle- I went to Wendys and came back with no Frosty, no fries, no burger. I came back with a chicken salad. It's a brave new world, but being healthy for myself and my wife and my future job as a cop is important.
            I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Good job on losing the weight AND building your strength.

I can vouch for the 'exercise during commercial breaks' approach. I started doing that when I began the academy back in August and have been able to work my way up to 100 sit-ups and 100 push-ups every night. Started out doing 10 each per commercial and gradually built it up. The beauty of it is, you don't need to set aside any time from your schedule to do it. I plan on adding curls with weights soon.
              Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Good job on losing the weight AND building your strength.

I can vouch for the 'exercise during commercial breaks' approach. I started doing that when I began the academy back in August and have been able to work my way up to 100 sit-ups and 100 push-ups every night. Started out doing 10 each per commercial and gradually built it up. The beauty of it is, you don't need to set aside any time from your schedule to do it. I plan on adding curls with weights soon.
                Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

It feels great to get healthy from weight loss. i have been on different diets during my life, and really the only thing that works is healthy, balanced eating and exercise. all of those other programs eventually end, and youre back on your own.

the best way, i think, is to balance healthy foods with some of your favorites now and then. weight loss is slower but its more permanent and you remain happy.

i combine light weight-training with lots of long walks everyday...dont have a choice...the dog wants to GO GO GO lol.

i have been lucky enuf to lose 12 more pounds since i started my new job. the only time i sit is for two 15-minute breaks and lunchtime. the rest of the time i'm moving and dragging heavy bags or throwing parcels. my arms feel so strong. the whole thing has been real good for my body.

good luck in your weight-loss/health goals.
                  "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I've began my current weight loss program about two months ago. I've since lost 21 lbs.

Basically what I do is work out 3 days a week. This consists of a 30 minute run, a 10 minute incline walk on the treadmill, and I hit the weights for about 30 minutes.

When it comes to the food, it's not really what I eat, but how much I eat. I try to eat smaller portions and cut back on the junk food. I've started drinking more water and cut back on the soda.
                    Attitude is a reflection of leadership.

Comment

I am trying to cut out sodas, but for some reason Mountain Dew and geekdom go hand in hand. I have started eating better though and drinking more water instead of soda. I am at 245 now and I would like to get to 215 or so (I was at 265 for a while there).
                      An axe can make any computer problem seem like hours of fun.

Comment

I've GAINED 5 lbs after starting to post on this board...

Must be all the time sitting at the computer.... retyping messages over and over agin

Comment

LOL I think that I should start doing some exercises here at work as I now have to take my lunch breaks It sux but I can live with it. Hey one thing I want to say to piper read your water bottle backwards. ANd then ask yourself why your paying for water and not just getting it from your tap. Heck I used to fill a pitcher of water up and set it in the fridge to get colder and it even tasted better that way.

Klar
                          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

water ...ick peh pitewie ewwww blah *cough cough* pitew *shakes with disgust*

wheres my pepsi and pizza????? lol
                            Mother is the name for God on the lips and in the hearts of all children.

Comment

I know that my losing weight has nothgint o do witht he computer. I work out everyday for a minimum of 40 minutes. I usually jog for 20-25 minutes then bench, leg lifts, arm pulls, usually only four sets each, but I'm working on more. then I usually do about 80 sit ups and about 200 crunches. then I like to do some tae-bo. it helps with balance. I occassional do defensive tactics and sometimes get my ol man to chip in and help with with the DT.

Since last year I have lost about 40 lbs. I was FAT, now im tone and looking forward to losing just a little more. Im by no means thin, but I have to say that my computer usage has little to do with my losing weight except when its hot in my computer room and I start to sweat.

I eat right and excercise and once a month I go through a few days of craving salt, but thats from reasons we just won't talk about.

this summer its SUGAR FREE POPSICLES.
                              Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1955 users online. 129 members and 1826 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X