300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing Server, Missing Login...

RANTING!! DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LISTEN.

Okay. I've been fairly active on this board (Not as some of the regulars) and it's becoming really, really annoying that the server keeps crashing when I am posting or it keeps logging me out. I can live with the fact that it won't remember to refresh the "new posts" and shows every forum as "new".... but I'm finding myself having to write posts two or three times before it makes it on the board... UGH!!!!

Is anyone else having these problems, or is this only me?

When can we hope to see the end of these pesky problems?

Yeah, It's happening on this coast too so, it's not a regional problem.
    It's not too bad on a T-1 connection because of the speed but, at home on 56K.. ARRGGH.. it's a real PITA.
    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Happens to me to. the logging out part

Comment

Believe me it's a PITA to us too-it's getting most of the staff as well. The worst is when you're logged in, and type a reply, and then, it tells you you are NOT logged in.

The upper echelon is aware, and they are trying to deal with it...I apoligize for the frustrations, but I am there too!

I MIGHT start believing my wife when she says it's a message I'm spending too much time here...
        People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Dave:

I MIGHT start believing my wife when she says it's a message I'm spending too much time here...
          Is she be qualified to make a statement like that??.. I betcha she's doing EXACTLY what my wife is doing right now.... SLEEPING. LOL.
          " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Not that I post a lot, but if you cut/copy and paste, after typing in your post, that should help you from typing the same thing over and over and over and over....well you get my drift. I also agree it is a pain in the asset to keep logging in.
            "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

yeah, it is kind of a pain...especially, like SGT Dave said, when you go to type a reply and it says "sorry, you must be logged in to reply" and you're like "WTF!?!?!!?"
              This post has been rated PG-13 for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

Yes, it is a real pain. Mr. Orange probably has the best idea until we can get this damn thing worked out. PARTICULARLY if you are keying in a lengthy response.

I know there have been times when I've been booted as I'm trying to "post reply" and have ended up losing what I had keyed. There have also been times when I've just said "to hell with it" and not bothered to re-key it!

But the brass is working on it!

[ 04-16-2002: Message edited by: Don ]
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

Something that I have found is that if you have just typed in a reply and it says you did not complete your name or that you have to log in go ahead and relog in and then right click the mouse and scroll down about two or three spaces (usually two and you will be back to where you were when you hit the send on your reply, but also relogged in. It saves a lot of time of trying to retpe everything once again. You can also use the cut and paste method too by replying in word then pasting it to a reply.

Just thought I would share that.

Klar
                  Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Yeah it's happening down here also in the middle of a post.
                    Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3440 users online. 218 members and 3222 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X