300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I am still alive

Hi everyone. I just received a "timely" (he knows what I mean )phone call from one of our moderators wanting to know if we were still alive out here and doing well. I can give a resounding YES! to both questions.

I also need to start with apologies to both the people here for just suddenly disappearing at such a down time, and two, to my caller for my rudeness as I was right in the middle of a jail booking after serving two search warrants on a house and a car. The booking Sgt. just told me they wouldn't except the guy because of the cuts on his face, etc. etc. It was a crappy night in more ones than one. Positive though, we did book a guy for kidnap robbery we believe was a future prostitute serial killer trying to work out his plan. She got away and ran to a house and the homeowner got a plate.

Anyway, we are doing great. Some of you know I tinker in a tiny wood shop. About Christmas time when I disappeared, I started making a few things and I still don't know how it happened, but it got out of control and our hobby has turned into "Ma and Pa's Tinks and Tocks." I build, Ma does most of the finishing. What used to be my computer time has turned into clock making time. Yes, it is appearing that this may become quit lucrative.

On the wife's health front: things went unchanged for a long time until three weeks ago. They started her on a new drug they are trying for patients of one of the three diseases they are trying to narrow her down to (I have lost track) Within 4 days, she was about 90% again the woman I remember from a few years ago. Last Sunday we went to the park with the kids for the day and she kicked a soccer ball around for 20 minutes or so. Sounds like no big deal but believe me, that was a miracle. Of course, she slept the whole next day again but just to have her even feeling like doing anything physical was unbelievable. She had not run one step in about 2 years prior to this. She still sits and comments every day about how wonderful it is to take full breathes again. I must admit I like her pink lips better than those blue ones she was popping up with all the time. We'll see how it goes in the future.

I will make an attempt to stop in here at least once a week. I had just kind of lost track with my new found hobby/business. I'll be at least somewhat good again. And you know who and friend; Thanks for calling.

Well DR it was nice hearing from you once again. I am glad that you are ok and that the wife is doing a lot better. I am happy to hear that you have found a nice little hobby that is bringing in some extra monies. I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything keeps looking up and up for you.

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Nice seeing your name again it has been quite a while. Drop in every week. And we will be praying for your wife. Take Care. Joseph.
      Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Hey DR - it is great to see you again!

Ya know, the good thing about family is that you can drop off the face of the Earth for a time, and they will always welcome you back with open arms.

God bless you and yours, and be safe,
        Dave Kiefner
        [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

Good to see you, DR. Been wondering how things were going. Glad your wife is doing better, she will be in my prayers.

Hopefully, you'll be able to check in occasionally.

I don't remember, did you take the RD job?

Hope all continues to work out.
          Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

DR-

That's great man! It all sounds good.

Take care and be safe, and maybe we can see some of the knick naks sometime.
            People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Hey DR,

Check your PM!
              6P1 (retired)

Comment

Welcome back, DR...We missed you! So glad to hear yoiur wife is doing better!

Comment

Hey DR! glad to hear you've just been busy, and not that you got tired of talking to us! Your little business sounds like a good idea ... I'm in the process of moving and I'm building a workshop/hobby shop in the back yard at the new place. My creative skills are being tested first by designing and building the shop, THEN I can work on the rest of my projects. Meg says she'll sit at my booth at the Farmer's Market in town when I get enough of the frames / photos etc made.

Well, I'm still at work on the good 'ole 3, 4 or more 12's ... drop me a line sometime when you get a chance ... we can swap project ideas ... unless you want to come up and help build the attic storage area, and the workshop out back! *lol* We may be down your way again in September ... I'll let you know.
                  I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Hey DR welcome back!
                    Walk slow, Talk low, and Don't say Too Much.

Comment

Glad to see you have returned.
                      "To each his own"

Comment

As for seeing the knick nacks, I am working on getting a web page up finally. I am hoping two to three weeks. Will have pictures of me and the fam and some of the projects.

Yes, I am back in the resident area. Came back out January 5th. It has been great. It is the only thing that has given me the time to tinker like I wanted. Has been really busy lately though. We did three search warrants just this week. One we had to have SWAT (Sit, Wait, And Talk) serve for us which was kind of cool to watch. Believe it or not, I have never ever done a caper with them in all the years. Bad guy was hiding in an upstairs bedroom but decided to come out when they turned the puppy loose . I'm hoping this week gets back to a normal pace.

You all take care and geez, it's nice to be back.

Comment

Originally posted by H8Criminals:
                          Meg says she'll sit at my booth at the Farmer's Market in town when I get enough of the frames / photos etc made.

unless you want to come up and help build the attic storage area, and the workshop out back! *lol* We may be down your way again in September.
                          I wish we had a classy Farmer's Market kind of thing here. We have the indoor swap meets which have become nothing but "cheap" retail space for commercial ventures. We do have a store called "Quilted Bear" which is great for the nick nack type things and they only take 11%, and, they will keep your stock up. The won't take the good hardwood "traditional" clocks or other high end stuff (except quilt racks because they're craft oriented). That stuff has to go to retails in town that take 30-50%.

I'd love to come out and help you build your shop. I'll do with all the free time I have left after I don't finish all the projects I have going in here . I'm teriible about just getting stuff to the functional stage and then moving on to something else. We won't even talk about the room I added who knows how long ago that's still not textured and painted.

As for coming out in September, LOVE TO HAVE YOU. The wife is already begging me to go dancing now that she is feeling up to it again. Let us know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5188 users online. 317 members and 4871 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X