Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter got accepted to Penn State

Just needed to brag a little.

Heard from my ex that our daughter got accepted to the Penn State Music Dept on a scholarship!!!! Oh yeah!!!!

And my son hopes to get in there next year for football!!!!

Can you say 50 yard line tickets at Beaver Stadium??????????
    Steve

my niece is a freshman in her first semester there. i talked to her the other day and she said she loves it there.

what instrument does you daughter play?

i attended 2 years of music school at YSU but decided that i was more interested in going out on the road and playing than learning to teach or join an orchestra. plus i hated the fact that i had to take too many classes i didn't need while i was majoring in music. thus my formal music education ended there.

tell you daughter i wish her good luck. and study hard.

congrats steve!!
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Her main instrument is the clarinet, but she taught herself to play the piano, sax, viola...and a few others. Don't ask me where she gets it from, I can't even play the spoons!!!
      Steve

Comment

Congratulations! You must be so proud of both of them.

Comment

even though i majored in percussion and played drums all those years in those "damn rock n roll bands" i actually started out on the clarinet. it is a VERY difficult instrument to master.

i'm happy for you and her.
          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Congratulations!! I'm sure you're very proud!

Comment

Congratulations to your daughter!
              Bill R

Comment

Congrats to her. Which campus will she be going to? I applied to Altoona but it was too far away from civilization for me
                Northeastern University Police Department Cadet/Dispatcher

Comment

The main campus out at State College!!!!!

A great party town, from what I've heard!!

Guess I'll be paying her lots of un-expected visits!!!! [Wink]
                  Steve

Comment

Congrats, Steve! and best of luck to your daughter.
                    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Steve in PA:
                      The main campus out at State College!!!!!

A great party town, from what I've heard!!

LIES!! ALL LIES!!! THE Pennsylvania State University has nothing but Highly Motivated Scholars. [Wink]
                      Can't even say that with a straight face.

Seriously, Congratulations and Welcome! She made a great choice. One of the best decisions I ever made was going to Dear Old State U. Overall, I had a wonderful expirience. From Academics to the Social scene, I can't imagine a better place to go to school. I still miss being a student in State College. Some BIG Things happening up there. It already is the nicest campus in America, and they are building some new outstanding facilities. And she'll be there in 2006, supposedly the year JoPa is going to step down, which should be interesting.

I am sure she will love it, as I did.

WE ARE!!!...PENN STATE!!!!

Comment

Congratulations Steve and also to your daughter!! One of the many nice things about being a parent is we get to brag without apologizing about our kids!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4099 users online. 250 members and 3849 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X