Clear All

I think JDLR applies for this case.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by HPDEXP1061:
      I think JDLR applies for this case.

JDLR?
      Luke 3:14
      Then some soldiers asked him [Jesus], "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely–be content with your pay."

Comment

I'm just glad taht she is alive and I AT LEAST see this as proof taht prayers works. That is why this may seem a tad bit to convienient.
        May the Lord shine his light upon your life. Trust in him and you will live for eternity.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Desmar:
          [QBI'm just glad taht she is alive and I AT LEAST see this as proof taht prayers works.[/QB]

I am in no way saying I do not beleive in god or religion... or putting down anyones faith...

However... how can this be contributed to prayer? What about all the other kids found dead that were prayed for??? Did no one upstairs listen to their prayer? Were they not good enough to be saved?

I agree that it is great she is alive and home... I also agree that there's more to this story then being told... but I can not agree that prayer brought her home... it's too depressing to think that those who answer our prayers may be picking and choosing who they save...

these are just my opinions...

Mike
          Mike Vinciulla

<a href="http://wpaa.homestead.com/Index.html" target="_blank">Wayland Auxiliary Police</a>
          <a href="http://www.vinciulla.com" target="_blank">My Website</a>
          <a href="http://www.offrampracing.com" target="_blank">Off Ramp Racing</a>

Comment

I saw the father on the John Walsh show this morning giving his first interview. He made some remark about "when all the facts come out", but most of the show was devoted to Walsh telling the father how much he admired him and his family and the father talking about his conversations with Walsh. Almost sounded like a mutual admiration interview.

It also annoyed me that at least four times in the first five minutes Walsh referred to Elizabeth as "beautiful". I'm not saying she isn't beautiful and talented but I just found it irritating, like he was suggesting that somehow her appearance made her more important.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood this morning.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Snoopy1:

It also annoyed me that at least four times in the first five minutes Walsh referred to Elizabeth as "beautiful". I'm not saying she isn't beautiful and talented but I just found it irritating, like he was suggesting that somehow her appearance made her more important.

do you think she would have received so much attention if she was a poor black girl from the inner city? i doubt it.

just like the jon benet ramsey case -- pretty white girl from an affluent family gets headlines.

look how many missing children there are that are NOT rich, beautiful, or have "string pulling parents" that can command headlines, etc. -- why is this case anymore special??

i AM glad that the smart girl is safe and back home. but i also hope that the BS that has been covering this case from day one is also uncovered and the real story comes out. and i'll bet dollars to donuts that daddy's fingers are in the pie.
              I'll post, You argue.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Menso:
                [
                To reach out and help someone who less fortunate than you is Christian..and just plain decent.

John,

Mr Smart, the father of 6 children, all under 14 years of age, has a habit of allowing vagrants to spend time in his home. Those men are vagrants and common beggers for a reason. They live outside the norm.

Most likely, insofar as I know people, Mr Smart will not stop bringing beggers into his home and creating grave danger to his children.

Jim Burnes

Comment

My alarm bell just keeps going off everytime I see her father on TV. I'm convinced he's a pedophile. I have no evidence other than my impression.

Another thing that wracks my nerves is that he was shaking his head side to side as if to be saying "no" when he was talking about how happy he was to have her back. In my interviews and interrogations class, the instructor siad that be be a sign of deceit.
                  "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

There is something wrong with this case... although i am glad she is back home. JDLR = Just doesn't look right

Comment

do you think she would have received so much attention if she was a poor black girl from the inner city? i doubt it.

just like the jon benet ramsey case -- pretty white girl from an affluent family gets headlines.

I think the key here is wealthy; race had nothing to do with it.

As for the circumstances surrounding her nine month abduction, I think I'll wait for the investigators to make a few announcements before I let my cynicism run rampant. I read of serial killers who abducted adults and quickly convinced the victims it was not in their benifit to leave. There is no telling what might have been done to this girl to keep her in control.

Comment

My co-workers and I agree, there's something squrrely about this one!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2045 users online. 147 members and 1898 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X