300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Smart alive

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20030312/ap_on_re_us/elizabeth_smart_4

It sounds weird to me...8 months and he's just tooling around in the car with her? I wonder what has been going on these 8 months.

This is pretty unusual for a kidnapping case, isn't it? I thought that if they didn't find them fast, most stranger kidnappings resulted in death, didn't they?

Well, it's a good thing they found her, though. No matter what's been happening, the parents must feel wonderful.
    I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Weird how a homeless guy can go drive around all over the country.
    TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
    Police Officer
    Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
    Mesquite, TX
    Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

My God, she's 15...why didn't she contact someone??? This is so strange!

Comment

Mitzi, maybe the little girl "liked" her "abductor", you think? I don't know, but what else could it be?

Comment

He could have threatened to kill her if she said anything or told anyone. I was still pretty vulnerable at 15.
          Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

The Man who was with her is named Brian David Mitchell but he calls himself Emmanuel. Brian and Wanda Mitchell sold their belongings and started living on the streets in the late 1980s. Mitchell believes he is a prophet who needs to preach to the homeless, Thompson said. The couple has no source of income other than what they beg. This is what ive heard... The girl was found in the car of a drifter who was pulled over in a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon, Sandy police spokeswoman Michelle Burnette said.

from someone in the "know" (sorta)

my guess is she was pregnant....and the father knows mroe then he says.
            Luke 3:14
            Then some soldiers asked him [Jesus], "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely–be content with your pay."

Comment

They could have threatened her parents or brainwashed her. The whole thing is strange to me.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Mitzi1:
                They could have threatened her parents or brainwashed her. The whole thing is strange to me.

there is more then what the family is saying.

kids get nabbed all the time......the ones that make the news are "wierd" (like Levy & Laci)
                Luke 3:14
                Then some soldiers asked him [Jesus], "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely–be content with your pay."

Comment

I'm so glad that Elizabeth Smart has been found alive. Thank God she's alright.
                  "I pity da foo. Stop yo jibba jabba!!"

Comment

Authorities said Elizabeth, the drifter known as Emmanuel and an unidentified woman were all wearing wigs when they were stopped along a street in suburban Sandy.

Wigs??? What, what, what?

Well, at least young Miss Smart did not help these 2 rob a bank...

[ 03-12-2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Badgerland ]
                    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Has anyone else noticed how often the Smart family adults would just pay some guy off the streets a few dollars and let them have access to their property? Is that not strange?

There is something not right about this recovery of the child.

Jim Burnes

Comment

I also thought it was strange she didn't try to escape. It vaguely reminds me of Patty Hearst. She was so brainwashed she became a bank robber.

I am wondering how the family met this person. They surely didn't just wander up to some homeless person and ask if he wanted a job.

The important thing is that she is back but I will be listening for more details.

Comment

quote:
                          Jim Burnes: Has anyone else noticed how often the Smart family adults would just pay some guy off the streets a few dollars and let them have access to their property? Is that not strange?
                          To benevolent folks with charity in their hearts, I am sure this is not strange at all.

To reach out and help someone who less fortunate than you is Christian..and just plain decent.

Unfortunately, the hand that feeds, as well as the one that steals, sometimes gets bit.

I can only imagine the high the two ladies who broke this case will experience for the next couple of months. I wish I could give them both a hug.

John

Comment

www.sierratimes.com

It's been 'suggested' in an article 'here' that Ms. Smart's 9 month 'absence' was 'just enough time to....' ANYway...you be the judge.
                            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

this whole story STUNK from the high heavens from day one. and any one who thinks that this girl being found is the end all of all end alls is SADLY mistaken.

and i still don't exempt Daddy from the picture either.

it's ALLLLLL just too convenient.
                              I'll post, You argue.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3041 users online. 144 members and 2897 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X