300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you

Bring cheat sheets to the polls with you? I make it a point to find out who is running for what, then I look thier campaign promises and just what type of people they are. THEN...I forget who goes with what! I am terrible with names.

So tomorrow I'll have my "cheat sheet" in hand when I go to vote.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Definitely, we have so many things on the ballot other than the candidates, I have no choice, but to bring a cheat sheet.

Comment

No I just remember what they say, or more importantly sometimes, what they refuse to say, and then vote against them.

Comment

If you don't vote you have no right to say you voted!

Apparently I voted for librarians. Conan the librarian!

Comment

I usually don't bring a cheat sheet with me but this year I received a PA State voter's guide which has a pre-typed cheat sheet in it. The sheet has spaces for you to fill in your candidate.

Exercise your right to vote , lives were lost over my right to vote - you better believe that I'll be at the polls!!

Comment

I have used a cheat sheet lots of times, especially with the propositions.

Quite often I don't really like any of the candidates for a particular office. It's just a case of who is the lesser of two evils. But I never tell anyone who I vote for. They can't laugh at me if my candidates lose.

Comment

I usually do, even though I generally vote a straight Republican ticket and "no" on all bond issues, except to build more prisons.

I'm writing in George Deukmejian for governor. I don't like anyone on the ballot.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

No cheat sheets for me.. I look up all the candidates beforehand to see what their platforms are. I don't vote party lines but rather for the candidate and I usually vote no on anything that would raise taxes unless its for fire, police and EMS or its a very valid cause. I'm taxed enough!
                No partner is worth your tears -
                the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

I usually use a cheat sheet for propositions and judges. I will be voting Republican except for Lt. Governor. The Republican got a D from the NRA so I will be voting for the Librarian candidate He's kinda wierd though. His campaign is focused on legalizing ferrets
                  Bill R

Comment

I'll vote for a couple of people in local races but, according to all the political ads & commercials, there's not anybody running for any State or Senate positions that can be trusted.

Comment

Went to the polls this am, voted full republican ticket for the state of Vermont...very proud (pat pat) lol [Wink] Went out for eggs, toast, homefries, bacon, and hot chocolate. My day is off to a great start. Now I think I'll go cuddle with my kitty and watch tv and be a lazy oomph.
                      "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

i just look over the sample ballot and i can remember from that who i want to vote for [Wink]
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I don't believe either party has all the good guys or all the bad guys. Judging by what they are saying about their opponets, I sometimes wonder if there are any good guys.

It was warm and sunny at 10:30 when I went so I considered walking. Then I remembered that I also had to go to the ATM so I took the car. (That stop at the ATM had nothing to do with the election. Really, it didn't.)

Comment

Vote early...and often [Wink]
                            Paul

Comment

California actually provides these cheat sheets, in the form of an official "Sample Ballot." I usually fill these out beforehand so that I'm in and out of the voting booth very quickly. And yes I check my voting card for any "hanging chads"

For candidates I usually vote by party affiliation, unless it's a Primary or non-partisan office like Judge.

For referendums (in CA they're called "Propositions", and no they're not THAT kind ) I often look to see who's supporting it and who's opposing it. That, more than anything else, will influence my vote one way or another.

[ 11-05-2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Sig220Man ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6217 users online. 385 members and 5832 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X